|Initial release||July 18, 2016|
|Platform||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux|
fman is a dual-pane file manager for Windows, macOS and Linux. It is extensible, supporting custom plug-ins for customization. The developer gives an "open-source promise", meaning, should he stop development of the app, he will open-source the source code. Licenses cost $18, updates are offered as a subscription for $12/year. fman is actively developed by its creator Michael Herrmann.
During its launch, fman appeared in the top 10 of Product Hunt. The CTO of Product Hunt expressed his happiness about the project. Other people criticised that fman is not open source and pointed to free alternatives such as Midnight Commander and Far Manager.
- "fman is Cross-Platform Dual Pane File Manager - OMG! Ubuntu!". 27 March 2017.
- "fman for Mac - MacUpdate".
- "fman Download".
- "How to use the versatile fman file manager on a Mac".
- "fman - Product Hunt". Product Hunt.
- "The speed and efficiency of Norton Commander was amazing". news.ycombinator.com.
- "Show HN: fman – file manager for programmers - Hacker News". news.ycombinator.com.