|Live album by|
|Recorded||June 28, 1975; July 1, 1975|
|Venue||Shibuya Koukaido, Tokyo; Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo|
|Genre||Jazz, jazz-funk, funk, jazz fusion|
|Herbie Hancock chronology|
Flood is the sixteenth and second live album by Herbie Hancock. It was originally released only in Japan in 1975 as a double LP, and features the Headhunters Band, performing selections from the albums Head Hunters, Thrust and Man-Child (the latter still two months away from release at the time of these concerts.) It remained a Japanese only release in all formats until a 2014 US CD reissue by Wounded Bird. The cover artwork was designed by Nobuyuki Nakanishi.
All compositions by Herbie Hancock except where noted.
|5.||"Butterfly"||Hancock, Bennie Maupin||12:44|
|6.||"Chameleon"||Hancock, Jackson, Harvey Mason, Maupin||10:24|
|7.||"Hang Up Your Hang Ups"||Hancock, Jackson, Melvin "Wah-Wah" Ragin||19:54|
- Herbie Hancock – acoustic piano, Fender Rhodes, clavinet, ARP Odyssey, ARP Soloist, ARP String Ensemble
- Bennie Maupin – soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone, saxello, bass clarinet, flute, percussion
- Dewayne "Blackbyrd" McKnight – guitar
- Paul Jackson – Fender bass
- Mike Clark – drum set
- Bill Summers – congas, percussion