|Editor in Chief||Matthew Bedard|
|Creative director||Jim Turner|
|Frequency||6 issues per year|
|First issue||November 1998|
|Based in||Los Angeles|
The magazine was founded in 1998 by the current C.E.O. Luis Barajas, and Creative Director Jim Turner, who had previously run Detour magazine as well as Long Nguyen. The Editor in Chief is Matthew Bedard.
In April 2019, Vice News reported a lawsuit filed by a former Flaunt employee in a Los Angeles Superior Court against the magazine, Barajas, and Bedard for "sexual harassment, sexual battery, failure to stop discrimination, and a litany of workplace violations they say they endured while working there". After countersuing the plaintiff, both lawsuits were later dismissed with prejudice and settled privately in October, 2019. Fashion-industry trade journal Women's Wear Daily reported that in response to the lawsuit Co-Founder and Style Director Long Nguyen resigned from the company as more accusations of sexual misconduct were lodged against Barajas by former Flaunt employees.
Flaunt Magazine is an independent magazine currently published six times a year (after a decade of being published 10 times a year) with international distribution. Celebrity covers include Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Nick Jonas, Pamela Anderson, Cate Blanchett, Brad Pitt, Kanye West, Selena Gomez, Norman Reedus, Jared Leto, Lewis Hamilton and Sofia Boutella. In addition to a celebrity cover, every issue incorporates an art cover, which is a site-specific piece created for the exterior cover of the magazine. Notable art cover contributors include John Baldessari, Taryn Simon, Dan Graham, Julie Mehretu, Zaha Hadid, Rem Koolhaas, Sue de Beer, and David LaChapelle.
Flaunt Magazine has extensive digital properties and produces exclusive events in celebration of issue releases around the year, including events at the Cannes Film Festival, Art Basel Miami Beach, Venice Biennale, New York, London, and Milan Fashion Weeks, and the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
- "Fashion Magazines". Benjamin Kanarek Blog. 19 July 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "The Man behind FLAUNT Magazine: Luis Barajas' Love Affair with Magazines". Mr Magazine. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Luis Barajas on Fashion Net". www.fashion.net. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Matthew Bedard - Flaunt Magazine". Flaunt Magazine. Archived from the original on 8 March 2016. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- Sherman, Carter (2019-04-11). "At Flaunt Magazine, a "progressive" workplace meant unwanted groping and kissing, lawsuit says". Vice. Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- Hays, Kali; Hays, Kali (2019-10-16). "Flaunt Magazine Lawsuit by Former Assistant Dismissed". WWD. Retrieved 2019-11-07.
- Hays, Kali; Hays, Kali (2019-07-30). "Flaunt Magazine Cofounder Exits Amid More Accusations Against CEO". WWD. Retrieved 2019-11-07.