In astrology, fixed signs are associated with stabilization, determination, depth and persistence. On the other hand, those who hold this astrological quality tend to also be inflexible, rigid, stubborn, opinionated and single-minded. These traits are often paired with the need to be considered "right": they will ruthlessly fight on behalf of their beliefs, regardless of any valid contrary beliefs. Only during moments of importance or necessity would they remotely consider changing an opinion; which often times become a mere water-image of their original opinion. Once set on a path, they are fiercely determined and will not change course. (Analogous motto: "Don't teach a heavy bull how to fly with wings. It doesn't work, and it annoys the bull.")
- Taurus (): Spring in the northern hemisphere and autumn in the southern hemisphere.
- Leo (): Summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere.
- Scorpio (): Autumn in the northern hemisphere and spring in the southern hemisphere.
- Aquarius (): Winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern hemisphere.
- Heindel, Max. The Message of the Stars