|Fit for a King|
|Directed by||Edward Sedgwick|
|Produced by||David L. Loew|
|Written by||Richard Flournoy (original screenplay)|
|Starring||Joe E. Brown |
|Music by||Arthur Morton|
|Edited by||Jack Ogilvie|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|15 October 1937|
Trying to get the story, he runs into Jane Hamilton (Helen Mack) who is really Princess Helen. He doesn't realize that she is the story: a princess in exile, in danger of assassination; and, falling in love with "Scoops", while engaged to a prince.
The film ends with a wild chase and a shootout with machine guns. The question is, who will survive to tell the tale?
- Joe E. Brown as Virgil Ambrose Jeremiah Christopher 'Scoop' Jones
- Helen Mack as Jane Hamilton / Princess Helen
- Paul Kelly as Briggs
- Harry Davenport as Archduke Julio
- Halliwell Hobbes as Count Strunsky
- John Qualen as Otto
- Donald Briggs as Prince Michael
- Frank Reicher as Kurtz
- Russell Hicks as Editor Hardwick
- Charles Trowbridge as Mr. Marshall
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)
- "Fit for a King: Detail View". American Film Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2014.