|Fist of the Warrior|
|Directed by||Wayne A. Kennedy|
|Produced by||Jeanette Brill|
Wayne A. Kennedy
|Screenplay by||Wayne A. Kennedy|
|Story by||Ho-Sung Pak|
Roger Guenveur Smith
|Music by||Nathan Lanier|
|Cinematography||Max Da-Yung Wang|
|Edited by||Karl T. Hirsch|
Wayne A. Kennedy
Fist of the Warrior, formerly known as Lesser of Three Evils, is a martial arts/crime film directed by Wayne A. Kennedy in his feature film directorial debut. It stars Ho-Sung Pak, Peter Greene, Roger Guenveur Smith and Sherilyn Fenn, and features fight choreography by Ho-Sung Pak and Wayne A. Kennedy. The film was shot in 2004 in Los Angeles, California, USA, and was released by Lionsgate Home Entertainment on February 10, 2009.
The film follows three characters, a hit-man, a mobster and a corrupt detective who confront each other when events come to a head for them. Hit-man Lee Choe decides to retire to live a normal life. After refusing an order from mobster John Lowe, Lowe has Lee's girlfriend killed. In order to seek vengeance, Lee goes on a mission to kill Lowe, who turns to corrupt detective Craig Barnes to frame him. At the same time, Barnes, who's being investigated by internal affairs, has to deal with his unhappy, alcoholic wife Katie.
- Ho-Sung Pak as Lee Choe
- Peter Greene as John Lowe
- Roger Guenveur Smith as Det. Craig Barnes
- Robin Paul as Sarah Reeves
- Sherilyn Fenn as Katie Barnes
- Rosa Blasi as Woman in Black
- Antonio Fargas as Father Riley
- Ed Marinaro as Raymond Miles
- Michael Dorn as Arnold Denton
- John Dye as I.A. Officer
- A Martinez as Anthony Black
- Brian Thompson as Max
- Isaac C. Singleton Jr. as Frank
- Richard Gant as Chief Matthews
- Lara Phillips as Jenny Reeves
- Marina Sirtis as Mary
- Gina St. John as Det. Georgette Wilson
Principal photography took place in August 2004. Fist of the Warrior was produced by Ho-Sung Pak, Wayne A. Kennedy and Matthew Chausse who created together the film company GenOne. It was initially produced by CatchLight Films under the title Lesser of Three Evils and was originally to be distributed by Fabrication Films. The film was featured at the 2005 Cannes Film Market However it was not released and was the subject of a legal dispute that ended in January 2008. In 2008 the film was renamed as Blood Money with Boll World Sales owning the international distribution rights. After being re-edited by Aglet Post, the film was ultimately released in the USA by Lionsgate on DVD in 2009 under the title Fist of the Warrior.
- GenOne Films Archived April 24, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. GenOne Films. Retrieved on January 11, 2012.
- Lesser of Three Evils at CatchLight Films Archived February 2, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- CatchLightFilms Company profile Archived March 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Lesser of Three Evils at Cinando.
- Arbitration Award issued January 2, 2008 Archived March 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- ''Blood Money'' at Boll World Sales Archived June 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Bollworldsales.com. Retrieved on January 11, 2012.
- Aglet Post News: Recently Finished. Agletproductions.com. Retrieved on January 11, 2012.
- Aglet Post: Recent Features. Agletproductions.com. Retrieved on January 11, 2012.
- Lionsgate Publicity: February 2009 Archived July 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Lionsgateinfo.com. Retrieved on January 11, 2012.