This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2|
European cover art
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360|
|Release||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|Genre(s)||Beat 'em up|
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Japanese: 真・北斗無双 Hepburn: Shin Hokuto Musou) is a video game for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii U. It was released in Japan in December 2012 and it was released in North America and Europe in February 2013. Unlike in Japan, the Wii U and PlayStation 3 versions are available exclusively for digital distribution via Nintendo eShop and PlayStation Network in North America and Europe (only Wii U version).
Though the gameplay in Ken's Rage 2 remains similar to its predecessor, the game serves as a departure from Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage in that it is much more in line with other Dynasty Warriors titles. Enemies come in considerably larger hordes, and movement and combat have been vastly accelerated. The option to jump has been removed (save for certain situations where the game allows it) in favor of a dodging system, something that not all characters could do in the first game. Signature Moves are no longer announced mid-battle in order to keep gameplay flowing at a constant rate, and the various Hyper Moves have been dropped or merged with the characters' movesets.
The game's Legend mode is made up of a single, streamlined campaign with multiple playable characters, rather than consisting of several interlocking campaigns with several characters and repeated levels that was present in the original. Even though the game is listed as a sequel, much of the story portrayed in Ken's Rage 2 is that which was featured in the original, only greatly expanded upon. In addition, the game covers all of the chapters that take place after the end of the first game, with the exception of the arcs that featured Raoh's orphaned son, Ryu, and the saga of the succession of Sava kingdom.
The Dream mode in this game shows the backstories of the myriad of playable characters and provides alternative scenarios for the characters to follow.
- "Fist of the North Star 2, Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires dated". Gematsu.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- ユーザーレビューを投稿する. "― 真・北斗無双［PS3］". 4gamer.net. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Fist of the North Star 2 European release date". Gematsu.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- McFerran, Damien (2013-01-17). "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 Is Download-Only In North America, Too". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "Fist of the North Star 2 Wii U Japanese release date set". Gematsu. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- Green, Andy (2013-01-13). "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 Will Be Download-Only In Europe". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 Slated for December". Anime News Network. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- Ishaan . September 19, 2012 . 11:18pm (2012-09-19). "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 Trailer Of Manliness". Siliconera. Retrieved 2012-12-14.