|Founded||2006 by Cliff Findlay|
|Based in||Henderson, Nevada|
|Head coach||Rodney Haddix II|
|Championships||3 (2009, 2010, 2012)|
Findlay Prep is a high school basketball program sponsored by the Henderson International School. Created in 2006 by businessman Cliff Findlay, its dozen students comprise Henderson International's only high school students. The Pilots have won the National High School Championships in 2009, 2010 and 2012. Findlay Prep is a member of the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association, they travel across the United States to play games against similar programs. The former head coach was Paul Washington, who took the job in August 2016. Rodney Haddix II has recently replaced Washington as the head coach. Findlay Prep was founded in 2006, with Scott Beeten as head coach. Although the high school of Henderson International closed in 2010, the school continues to support a high school basketball program.
The Pilots have won three National High School Invitational tournaments with former alumni named McDonald's All-Americans and playing in the NBA including Avery Bradley, Cory Joseph and Tristan Thompson. The program is run similarly to an NBA team, with the team - scouted beforehand - barnstorming the country to play in invitational tournaments. Due to its perceived overemphasis on basketball, critics have slammed it as a basketball factory that gives students hope of a pro career instead of education, school officials refute these allegations arguing their students' "100% qualification rate" with the NCAA, Findlay Prep was branded as "non-scholastic" by the same organisation in 2013 but later affiliated themselves with the NIAA.
Notable players and alumni
- DeAndre Liggins (Class of 2008) – Montakit Fuenlabrada
- Avery Bradley (Class of 2009) – Los Angeles Lakers
- Cory Joseph (Class of 2010) – Sacramento Kings
- Tristan Thompson (Class of 2010) – Cleveland Cavaliers
- Nick Johnson (Class of 2011) – Türk Telekom
- Anthony Bennett (Class of 2012) – Houston Rockets
- Nigel Williams-Goss (Class of 2013) – Utah Jazz
- Christian Wood (Class of 2013) – Detroit Pistons
- Kelly Oubre Jr. (Class of 2014) – Phoenix Suns
- Dillon Brooks (Class of 2014) - Memphis Grizzlies
- Rashad Vaughn (Class of 2014) – KK Igokea
- Allonzo Trier (Class of 2015) – New York Knicks
- Markus Howard (Class of 2016) – Marquette Golden Eagles
- P. J. Washington (Class of 2017) – Charlotte Hornets
- Bol Bol (Class of 2018) – Denver Nuggets
- Abramson, Mitch. "Former Knick Jerome Williams coaches Findlay Prep, one of country's top high school basketball teams.", Daily News (New York), 5 October 2013. Retrieved on 24 May 2015.
- "Findlay Prep names Paul Washington Sr. new boys basketball coach". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- Green, Steve (26 February 2010). "Henderson International School closing two of three campuses". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Brewer, Ray. "Findlay Prep’s mascot a perfect choice given Pilots’ penchant for air travel.", Las Vegas Sun, 30 March 2014. Retrieved on 24 May 2015.
- "Members - Findlay Prep.", Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association. Retrieved on 24 May 2015.