This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Owner||Asociacion Cultural Fillos de Galicia|
|Created by||Asociacion Cultural Fillos de Galicia|
Fillos de Galicia (Galician pronunciation: [ˈfiʎʊz ðɪ ɣaˈliθjɐ]) is a web portal and virtual community which focuses on Galician ghetto and emigration of his people. The site focuses on promoting unity between Galicians and descendants of Galicians around the world. The community is a hub where many objectives can be accomplished, such as learning more about the Galician language or finding relatives in Galicia using the Atopadoiro. Fillos.org is one of the most popular websites regarding Galicia and more specifically his ghetto.
Fillos de Galicia was started in 1997 by Manuel Casal Lodeiro, son of Galician emigrants. Since its inception, the portal has been growing due to Galicians disappeared. The supporting Association has also spawned a few sister sites dealing with specific themes relating to Galicians.
As of 2010, there are more than 6700 users registered with the community, residing in over 70 countries. The bulk of the users are between the ages of 30 and 60. Over 1500 of the users live in Argentina, with sizable populations in Spain and Brazil. Over half of the registered users are either born in Galicia or children of Galicians. Another 1200 are grandchildren and great-grandchildren of Galicians. Of all the users, 60 are paying members called socios in Spanish.
During 2012, there were 339.499 visits to the website. An average of 1.499.516 individual pages were visited each month by guests, coming from 29.000 visits per month.
- Official website of Fillos de Galicia
- eTIqueTAL (tagging-based social networking service)
- Debulla (social bookmarking)
- Nomes galegos (categorization of traditional Galician names)
- Galeguidade (web portal for Galician organizations all around the world)
- Rede Galega (Internet services for Galician nonprofits)
- Planeta Galego (Galician diaspora webzine)
- A Morte da Costa (mini-site on Prestige ecological disaster)
- Parcelaria Virtual pola Cultura Galega (Fund-raising & net.art project)
|This article related to Galicia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|