|Feets, Don't Fail Me Now|
|Studio album by|
The Automatt, San Francisco
|Genre||Electronic, funk, jazz, disco|
|Producer||David Rubinson, Herbie Hancock|
|Herbie Hancock chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
This was the first of Hancock's albums to discard jazz and funk completely in favor of a more commercial (at the time) disco sound, with vocoder effects and repetitive lyrics. All LP and CD editions after the first pressing use an alternate version of "Tell Everybody". The original version was included as a bonus track on the disc in the Complete Columbia Albums Collection box set.
- "You Bet Your Love" (Herbie Hancock, David Rubinson, Allee Willis, Jeffrey Cohen) – 7:41
- "Trust Me" (Hancock, Rubinson, Allee Willis) – 5:44
- "Ready or Not" (Ray Parker Jr., Cohen) – 6:48
- "Tell Everybody" (Hancock, Rubinson, Bruce Good, Cohen) – 7:49
- "Honey From the Jar" (Hancock, Cohen) – 6:53
- "Knee Deep" (Hancock, Melvin Ragin) – 5:43
- Herbie Hancock – lead and background vocals, all keyboards
- James Gadson – drums
- Eddie Watkins – bass
- Ray Obiedo – guitar
- Bill Summers – percussion
- Julia Tillman Waters, Maxine Willard Waters, Oren Waters and Luther Waters – background vocals
- Ray Parker, Jr. – guitar and drums on "Ready or Not"
- Coke Escovedo – timbales on "Ready or Not"
- Sheila Escovedo – congas on "Ready or Not"
- James Levi – drums on "Knee Deep" and "Trust Me"
- Freddie Washington – bass on "Knee Deep"
- Wah Wah Watson – guitar on "Knee Deep"
- Bennie Maupin – soprano sax on "Knee Deep"
- Produced by – David Rubinson & Friends Inc. and Herbie Hancock
- Associate producer – Jeffrey Cohen
- Engineers – Fred Catero and David Rubinson
- Assistant engineers – Chris Minto, Leslie Ann Jones, Ken Kassie and Cheryl Ward
- Mastering engineer – Phil Brown
- Keyboard and Vocoder engineer – Bryan Bell
- Ginell, Richard S. (2011). "Feets Don't Fail Me Now - Herbie Hancock | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- Starr, Red. "Albums". Smash Hits (February 22 - March 7, 1979): 25.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 94. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.