|Motto||Technology for Empowerment|
|Chancellor||HRM Eze Eberechi N. Dick (JP)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Abdullahi Bala fnsss|
Bosso Minna. Main campus: along Minna-Bida Road,
|Campus||Main (Gidan Kwano) and Mini (Bosso) Campuses|
FUTMINNA specializes in technological education. The University is a designated Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering and has a core competence in the development of vaccines and drugs.
FUTMINNA was founded in 1983, and the first Vice-Chancellor was Professor J.O. Ndagi who served from 1983 to 1990. The governing bodies are the Council and the Senate. In the beginning, the University took over the facilities of the former Government Teachers' College Bosso, for use on a permanent basis. This site now serves as the Bosso Campus of the University. The main campus gidan kwano which is sited on a 10,650 hectares of land is located along the Minna - Kataeregi - Bida Road. The institution is listed in the Guide to Higher Education in Africa, Association of African Universities and the International Association of Universities, 1999.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
As of 2018 the University has 10 schools (faculties):
- School of Agriculture and Agriculture Technology.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Technology.
- School of Infrastructure, Process Engineering and Technology.
- School of Entrepreneurship and Management Technology.
- School of Environmental Technology.
- School of Life Sciences.
- School of Physical Sciences.
- School of Information and Communication Technology.
- School of Technology Education.
- School of Post Graduate Studies.
- Centre for preliminary and Extra Mural Studies (CPES)
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Risk Management and Developmental Studies, operated by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
- Centre for Climate Change and Freshwater Resources, which is associated to the Federal Ministry of Environment, a node of the Global Institute for Bio Exploration (Rutgers University, NJ, USA)
- Centre for Human Settlements and Urban Development (CHSUD) associated with the UN Human Settlements programme.
- Directorate of Research and Development (DRID).
- Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CGEB).
- Centre for Open Distance and e-Learning (CODeL).
- West African Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapter Land Use (WASCAL).
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Mycotoxin and Food Safety
Federal College of Education (Technical) Akoka, Lagos State, Nigeria
Recreation and sports
As part of its overall fitness program, the University includes a floodlit sports arena on both campuses, athletics cinder tracks, badminton indoor courts, basketball courts, table tennis facilities, volleyball courts, football pitches, a fitness gymnasium, extensive pedestrian walkways, a 9-hole golf course and a student recreation centre.
The student-run radio station Search FM 92.3 Campus radio started official transmission in August, 2010. Unfortunately, the radio station was gutted by fire in 2013. As of now, the radio station has a new building and a fully equipped studio which was commissioned in 2014 by the VC.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-09. Retrieved 2015-09-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Federal University of Technology Minna". www.4icu.org. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "Reorganisation of AJLAIS management.(Professional News and Events)(African Journal of Library, Archives and Information Science )". African Journal of Library, Archives and Information Science – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). April 1, 2008. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Welcome new members.(Inside ASAE)". Highbeam. Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). November 1, 2004. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "FUT Minna Manufatures First Carbon Nanoparticles in Nigeria". Spotlight report.[dead link]
- "A look at Futminna's science and technology drive".
- "ACEMFS". AFRICA CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR MYCOTOXIN AND FOOD SAFETY. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- "Futminna campus radio engulfed by fire".
- "Fire- guts Fut minna radio station". Channels TV. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2013 – via Channelstv.com.