|Traded as||Euronext: FIM|
|Industry||Financial services, Investment management|
|Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière (Founder and CEO)|
Commercial real estate,
Private equity fund
|Subsidiaries||North Colonnade Ltd, |
FIMALAC (known as Financière Marc de Lacharrière) is a French holding company focusing on credit rating and risk management companies. It operates in three business areas, credit ratings, commercial real estate through North Colonnade Ltd, and private equity fund through its subsidiary Fimalac Développement.
FIMALAC was created by Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière in 1991. He serves as the CEO, and holds 100% of the shares of the FIMALAC Group, that holds ~80% of FIMALAC. It is headquartered in Paris. It operates in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and other members of the European Union, Asia, and South America.
- Fimalac also operates in the real estate sector, mainly through North Colonnade Ltd. North Colonnade owns a major office building project in the prestigious Canary Wharf district of London set to open in 2018. Part of the building will be occupied by Fitch Group. This 320,000 sq ft property is expected to generate recurring revenues for Fimalac over a long period.
- Fimalac also owns diversified investment portfolio through its Fimalac Développement subsidiary. The private equity fund acquires stakes in competitive companies with growth potential. Fimalac owns stakes in companies such as Stadôme, Auguri Productions, and a 34% interest in Groupe Lucien Barrière from Accor.
- Webedia Group (fr), founded in France in 2007, is a subsidiary of Fimalac since 2013. It specializes in online publishing and now operates in multiple countries. Webedia properties include: PureMédias, Overblog, IGN France, Terrafemina, AlloCiné, Jeuxvideo.com in France; GamePro Germany (de), IGN Deutschland, GameStar, Moviepilot.de in Germany; Gry-Online.pl and Gamepressure.com in Poland; IGN España, 3DJuegos, Vizz Agency in Spain; and other local versions of Vizz Agency, IGN, 3DJuegos, Allociné, etc. in Brazil, Latin America, Turkey, Saudi Arabia.
- BusinessWeek profile
- Bloomberg profile
- Les Echos profile
- Lacharrière : «Finance et culture sont complémentaires», in L'Express, 05/10/2007 
- Organizational chart of the Fimalac Group
- Official website recent news
- "Hearst Diversifies Revenue With Fitch Group Acquisition". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- FIMALAC Investor Relations
- "Webedia: la logique industrielle du leader français du divertissement sur internet". Challenges (in French). Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Webedia flambe à tout va, Fimalac remet 300 millions au pot". www.journaldunet.com (in French). Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Nouveau départ pour Webedia". L'ADN (in French). 29 April 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Webedia (AlloCiné) multiplie les acquisitions". La Tribune (in French). Retrieved 9 October 2019.