St. Michael and All Angels Church
|Population||883 (2011 Census)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Hereford and Worcester|
Ewyas Harold is a village and civil parish in the Golden Valley in Herefordshire, England, near the Wales-England border about halfway between Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, and Hereford. The population of this civil parish at the 2011 census was 883. It lies on the Dulas brook, and is contiguous with the neighbouring village of Pontrilas.
The village has a school, a fire station and a redundant Catholic church. The Church of England ministry of St. Michael and All Angels is now linked with that of several neighbouring parishes. It is the nearest village to the Pontrilas Army Training Area.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Ann Williams, ‘Ralph , earl of Hereford (d. 1057)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004, accessed 26 October 2011
- Cain, Rebecca (15 February 2015). "Church to be turned into a health centre". Hereford Times. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Bannister, Arthur Thomas, The history of Ewias Harold, its castle, priory, and church (Hereford 1902)
- Ewyas Harold Castle, castle and priory excavations
- Ewyas Harold parish plan from 2005
- St Michael & All Angels, Ewyas Harold - with Dulas, diocesan website
- Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council