|Robert Yeh (Chair)|
|Revenue||NT$11.32 billion (2008)|
Number of employees
Everlight Electronics was founded in 1983 by Robert Yeh.
Initially, Everlight produced indicator lights for home appliances.
In 2019, Everlight's newly formed optoelectronic R&D team introduced tunable LEDs to maximize animal husbandry and aquaculture. For instance in poultry farming, exposing a chicken to white light takes 172 days to reach reproductive maturity, while exposing to red light reduces to 168 days, but blue light increases maturity to 182 days. Green light exposure makes poultry gain weight faster, due to growth hormone receptor stimulation and enhancement of satellite glial cells which promote muscle development.
The R&D team also introduced UV LEDs for eggshell surface sanitization and water disinfection for waste water runoff. In collaboration with Dr. Kun-Hsien Tsai, Professor at College of Public Health at National Taiwan University, a novel ovitrap was introduced which pulses Ultraviolet C to regularly destroy collected mosquito eggs.
In 2020, Everlight collaborated with Professor Wang Yong-song’s team of the Institute of Fisheries Science, National Taiwan University to develop a special LED lamp for grouper fish aquaculture, where specific wavelength exposure reduces cannibalization and loss of fingerlings by over 40%.
In 2021, Everlight released new horticultural LEDs in spectrums tailored to augment the red pigment of strawberries. Strawberries rely on sunlight to produce their red color through a process called anthocyanin biosynthesis, but in areas with little sunlight horticultural LEDs can be used to catalyze this biochemical process instead.
- "Leadership through Precision". Commonwealth Magazine. 11 June 2009. Archived from the original on 15 August 2011.
- "Top LED Lighting Manufacturers and Suppliers in the USA and Internationally". Thomas Register. n.d. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Everlight demos high-efficiency and horticulture lighting products at Light+Building". Semiconductor Today. 19 March 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Effect of Monochromatic Green LED Light Stimuli During Incubation on Embryo Growth, Hatching Performance, and Hormone Levels". American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Light wavelength on different poultry species". Taylor & Francis. 8 November 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "EVERLIGHT Innovates Agriculture Applications with Tunable LEDs and UV LEDs". LEDinside. 16 December 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "New hope for grouper fingerlings! Everlight Electronics and the National Taiwan University's team have developed LED lamps especially for groupers!". Photonics Industry & Technology Development Association. 15 September 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Everlight uses LED lighting to enhance color of strawberries". DigiTimes. 21 January 2021. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Everlight Electronics.|
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|