|Establishment Secretary of Pakistan|
|Reports to||Prime Minister of Pakistan|
|Appointer||Prime Minister of Pakistan|
The Establishment Secretary of Pakistan is the Federal Secretary for the Establishment Division and is in charge of the country's civil service. Transfers, postings as well as promotions of civil servants come under the domain of the Establishment Secretary. The position holder is a BPS-22 Officer, usually belonging to the Pakistan Administrative Service. The Establishment Secretary reports directly to the Prime Minister of Pakistan. The current Establishment Secretary is Mr. Ijaz Munir.
The Establishment Secretary has a key role in recommending to the Prime Minister the right Official for the right job in all Government Ministries, Divisions and Departments. According to the Civil Service Manual, the Establishment Secretary has the authority to single-handedly appoint or transfer officers up to Grade-20. A summary to the Prime Minister is sent only for Grades-21 and 22. Since the Prime Minister is the competent authority, he sends back the summary to the Establishment Division, where the Establishment Secretary issues the notification.
The Establishment Secretary is the only officer in the country who has a direct say in the promotion of every civil servant from Grade-17, all the way up to the elite rank of Grade 22. With such an active role in the Civil Servants' promotions topped with the all-important task of controlling the postings of Civil Servants makes the Establishment Secretary one of Pakistan's most influential Government Officials.
- Government of Pakistan
- Federal Secretary
- Pakistan Administrative Service
- Interior Secretary of Pakistan
- Cabinet Secretary of Pakistan
- Finance Secretary of Pakistan
- "All is not well between the country's top two offices". Thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Cold war' between two top secretaries". Dawn.com. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Establishment Secretary undermined my authority: PM Gilani". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Establishment Division". Establishment.gov.pk. Retrieved 16 May 2018.