|Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award|
|Sponsored by||Ernst & Young|
|Presented by||Ernst & Young|
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards or EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards is an award sponsored by Ernst & Young in recognition of entrepreneurship. Founded in 1986 in Milwaukee with just one award, as of 2016, twenty-five programs were run in all fifty states of the United States and also run in more than sixty countries.
Despite the name, the award can be given to multiple individuals per year; for example, in 2013 there were ten winners in the state of New York, with winners awarded in the categories of retail and consumer products; technology; family business; emerging; energy, chemical and mining; food products and services; real estate, hospitality, and construction; financial services; digital media; and transformational. In 2014, there were eleven national winners in the United States; with one individual recognized as the Overall Award Winner.
The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards have been awarded to over 10,000 people since 1986, averaging 400 recipients annually.
World Entrepreneur of the Year
Annually, each of the overall country winners gather in Monte Carlo, Monaco, for the annual EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award. EY Entrepreneur of the Year Nominees are reviewed by an independent judging panel composed of several distinguished business leaders and previous award recipients. All country winners will be inducted into the World Entrepreneur of the Year Academy and to the Entrepreneur of the Year Hall of Fame, on permanent display at Ernst & Young's US headquarters at 5 Times Square in New York City.
Along with the World Entrepreneur of the Year EY also bestows other award titles.
Entrepreneur Of The Year Alumni Social Impact Award
Recognizes the achievements of business leaders who have taken their legacy to a new level. This award is peer-selected by EOY alumni that form the Global Alumni Council. Recipients of this award are considered to be EOY alumni.
|2018||Andrew Forrest||Fortescue Metals Group||Australia|||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.|
- "EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards". United States: EY. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Meet NY award recipients". Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. United States: EY. 2013.
- "US winners". Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. United States: EY. 2014. Archived from the original on 2015-04-16.
- "Visit the Hall of Fame". Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. United States: EY. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Frequently asked questions". Entrepreneur of the Year. United States: EY. Archived from the original on 2012-07-14.
- "EY honors Andrew Forrest with 2018 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Alumni Social Impact Award". Ernst & Young. 14 June 2018. Retrieved 18 June 2018.