Erick Tsang Kwok-wai
|Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs|
|Assumed office |
22 April 2020
|Chief Executive||Carrie Lam|
|Preceded by||Patrick Nip|
|Director of Immigration|
5 April 2016 – 22 April 2020
|Preceded by||Eric Chan|
|Succeeded by||Au Ka-wang|
|Born||1 September 1963|
|Alma mater||New Asia College, CUHK (BSS)|
Erick Tsang Kwok-wai Chinese: 曾國衞; born 1 September 1963) is a Hong Kong government official. Since 2020, he has been Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs, one of the principal officials of Hong Kong. Prior to that, he was Director of Immigration.(
Tsang joined the Immigration Department in 1987 and rose through the ranks to Principal Immigration Officer in 2009. He was Assistant Secretary for Security from 2003 to 2006. In 2012, he became Assistant Director of Immigration and then in 2014, Deputy Director of Immigration. In April 2016, he was appointed Director of Immigration.[dead link]
In April 2020, State Council of the People's Republic of China appointed Tsang Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs, replacing Patrick Nip, days after the department had failed to reflect Beijing's controversially changed position on the status of the Liaison Office under Hong Kong's Basic Law. He also drew criticism for a prominently positioned photograph of Chinese Communist Party general secretary Xi Jinping in his office.
In August 2020, Tsang and ten other officials were sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury under Executive Order 13936 by President Trump for undermining Hong Kong's autonomy.
On October 14, 2020, the United States Department of State released a report on 10 individuals who materially contributed to the failure of the China to meet its obligations under the Sino–British Joint Declaration and Hong Kong's Basic Law. Tsang was on the list. 
On 25 November 2020, Tsang was spotted sleeping during Chief Executive Carrie Lam's annual Policy Address. At a press conference two days later, Tsang claimed that medication he took caused the drowsiness.
- "Mr Erick Tsang Kwok-wai, IDSM, Director of Immigration".
- "Government announces appointment and removal of Principal Officials (with photos)". Hong Kong Government. 20 April 2020.
- Ho, Kelly (21 April 2020). "Mainland affairs minister Patrick Nip replaced following apology over Beijing office row". Hong Kong Free Press. HKFP. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- Cheung, Gary (21 April 2020). "Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam to announce major cabinet reshuffle with four ministers leaving and another transferred, sources reveal". SCMP. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- Lung, Natalie (22 April 2020). "Hong Kong Leader Carrie Lam Replaces Five Ministers in Cabinet Reshuffle". Hong Kong Free Press. HKFP. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- "US sanctions Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam, police chief and 9 other top officials for 'undermining autonomy'". Hong Kong Free Press HKFP. 7 August 2020. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- Macias, Amanda (7 August 2020). "U.S. sanctions Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam for carrying out Chinese 'policies of suppression'". CNBC. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- "Treasury Sanctions Individuals for Undermining Hong Kong's Autonomy". United States Department of the Treasury. 7 August 2020. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- U.S. Department of State. "Identification of Foreign Persons Involved in the Erosion of the Obligations of China Under the Joint Declaration or the Basic Law". Archived from the original on 14 October 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- Kong, Dimsumdaily Hong (27 November 2020). "Erick Tsang elaborates on electronic and overseas voting". Dimsum Daily. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- "Congratulations to our alumna Ms HO Pui Shan Louise, C.M.S.M, for becoming the Deputy Commissioner of Customs and Excise. | 英華女校校友會YWGSAA". www.ywgsaa.org.hk.
| Director of Immigration
| Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs