This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Eric Peterson|
|Born||May 14, 1964|
|Genres||Thrash metal, heavy metal, death metal, black metal|
|Labels||Roadrunner, Nuclear Blast|
|Associated acts||Testament, Dragonlord, LEAH|
Eric Peterson (born May 14, 1964) is an American guitarist, best known as a member of the American thrash metal band Testament and is the only remaining original member left in the band, which first started in 1982 under the name Legacy. He and vocalist Chuck Billy are the only members to appear on all of the band's studio albums.
Peterson also has a side project black metal band called Dragonlord, in which he plays guitar and also sings. In Testament, Peterson was originally a rhythm guitarist while Alex Skolnick handled all lead work. More recently though, Peterson plays leads along with Skolnick.
His father was of Swedish descent and his mother was of Mexican descent.
Peterson's main guitars have been Gibson models for most of his career in Testament, primarily a black Explorer model and a Les Paul. Recently, however, he is endorsing Dean Guitars and has been using his own signature Dean V guitar.
- Demo 1 (1984)
- Demo 2 (1985)
- The Legacy (1987)
- The New Order (1988)
- Practice What You Preach (1989)
- Souls of Black (1990)
- The Ritual (1992)
- Return to the Apocalyptic City (1993)
- Low (1994)
- Demonic (1997)
- The Gathering (1999)
- The Formation of Damnation (2008)
- Dark Roots of Earth (2012)
- Brotherhood of the Snake (2016)
With Leah McHenry
- Dreamland (2013)
- Winter Sun (2015)
- Amplifier: Kemper, Marshall JVM series 210 watt head, Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier Heads, and EVH 5150 heads
- Cabinets: Mesa 4x12 Recto Cabinets loaded with Celestion vintage 30s & EVH III Cabinets
- Effects: Dunlop Cry Baby from Hell Wah, Boss TU-2 Tuner, MXR Flanger, MXR Stereo Chorus, TC Electronic Nova Delay
- Cords: Monster Cable
- Guitars: Dean Cadillac, Dean Michael Schenker V, Gibson Flying V, Dean Eric Peterson Signature OldSkull V
- Strings: DR Gauge 10–52(tuned one half step down)
- Pickups: Dean Flying V: EMG 85 (neck) & EMG 81 (bridge), Dean Time Capsule: Dimarzio Super Distortion Zebras, Dean Cadillac: Seymor Duncan '59 (sh-1n neck) & jazz (sh-2 middle), jb (sh-4 bridge)
- Picks: Dunlop Purple & Green sharp
- "Did You Know?". Themurkywaters.tripod.com. Retrieved November 11, 2011.