|Born:||February 6, 1973|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||209 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Palm Beach Gardens (FL)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Eric Joel Kresser (born February 6, 1973) is an American former college and professional football player who was a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) and the Canadian Football League (CFL) for five seasons during the 1990s and early 2000s. Kresser played college football for the University of Florida and Marshall University, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Cincinnati Bengals of the NFL and the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL.
Kresser was born in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1973. He attended Palm Beach Gardens High School in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, where he lettered in high school football, basketball and baseball for the Palm Beach Gardens Gators. Kresser received all-state honors in football.
Kresser accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1992 to 1995. Memorably, as a junior in 1995, Kresser threw for 458 yards and six touchdowns against the Northern Illinois Huskies, including a 96-yard touchdown pass to Gators wide receiver Jacquez Green.
After transferring to Marshall University for his senior year, Kresser became the starting quarterback for the 1996 Marshall Thundering Herd football team under coach Bob Pruett. As a member of the Herd, Kresser threw for 35 touchdowns and over 3,400 yards, while winning the Southern Conference championship. Marshall defeated the Montana Grizzlies 49–29 in the 1996 NCAA Division I-AA Football Championship Game, and ended the season with a perfect 15–0 record.
Kresser signed a rookie contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, where he spent his entire three-year NFL career.
In 2000, the Bengals sent Kresser to play for the Berlin Thunder. He started the first four games before injuring his right shoulder.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Eric Kresser. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Eric Kresser Archived November 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 78–79, 127, 141–144, 168, 183 (2011). Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Nick Zaccardi, "Gainesville-based AAFL team to feature former Gators," The Independent Florida Alligator (September 6, 2007). Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Garry Smits, "Gators QB Eric Kresser had a role in Florida-Georgia history," Florida Times-Union (October 24, 2012). Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "All-Time Alouettes Roster" (PDF). Montreal Alouettes Football Club. Retrieved August 1, 2008.[dead link]