This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Enthusiast Gaming Holdings|
|Traded as||TSX-V: EGLX|
|Industry||Video game journalism|
Enthusiast Gaming is a Canadian digital media company specializing in video game journalism. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneur Menashe Kestenbaum, the company is best known for owning the websites Destructoid and Escapist Magazine, as well the gaming convention Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX).
Enthusiast Gaming owns a number of websites and runs an annual convention in Toronto.
- Nintendo Enthusiast
- PlayStation Enthusiast
- Xbox Enthusiast
- Only Single Player (acquired 2016)
- Daily Esports (founded 2017)
- Destructoid (acquired 2017)
- PC Invasion (acquired 2018)
- The Escapist (acquired 2018)
- Gameumentary (acquired 2018)
- Operation Sports (acquired 2018)
- DiabloII Net (acquired 2018)
- Diablo Wiki (acquired 2018)
- The Sims Resource (acquired 2019)
Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX) is an annual gaming convention hosted at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. It is billed as Canada's largest video game convention, with a reported peak of 25,000 attendees. In October 2018, Enthusiast Gaming announced that EGLX will host the World Electronic Sports Games Canadian Championship.
- Takahashi, Dean (2018-10-04). "Enthusiast Gaming goes public in Canada to build game fan network". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Spangler, Todd (July 26, 2018). "Defy Media Sells The Escapist Gaming Site to Canada's Enthusiast Gaming". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Enthusiast Gaming to Acquire "The Sims Resource", The World's Largest Female Video Gaming Website". Enthusiast Gaming. January 7, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- Whan, Christopher (2018-10-26). "Largest gaming expo in Canada hits Toronto this weekend". Global News. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo "EGLX", Canada's Largest Video Gaming Expo, Takes Place This Weekend". Yahoo! Finance. 2018-10-22. Retrieved 2018-11-23.