|England High School|
501 Pine Bluff Highway
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Lee County School District|
|NCES School ID||050585000296 |
|Teaching staff||33.44 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.36|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
Advanced Placement (AP)
|Athletics||Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer|
|Athletics conference||2A Region 5 (Basketball)|
|Team name||England Lions|
England High School is an accredited comprehensive public high school located in the rural community of England, Arkansas, United States. The school provides secondary education for approximately 350 students each year in grades 7 through 12. It is one of four public high schools in Lonoke County, Arkansas and the only high school administered by the England School District.
England High School is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1929. The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the ADE. Students complete regular (core and elective) and career focus coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams with the opportunity to receive college credit.
The England Lions compete in interscholastic activities within the 2A Classification via the 2A Region 5 Conference, as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Lions participate in basketball (boys/girls), cheer, baseball, football, softball, and track and field (boys/girls). The England boys won the 2015 2A state basketball championship, 64-62 over Junction City.
Clubs and traditions
England students may engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Key Club, and Quiz Bowl.
- "Search for Public Schools - England High School (050585000296 )". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "ENGLAND HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "Institution Summary, England High School". AdvancED. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- "School Profile, England High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "2012–13 Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 31, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2012.