The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Energy of the Daleks|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Series||Doctor Who Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|Written by||Nicholas Briggs|
|Directed by||Nicholas Briggs|
|Executive producer(s)||Nicholas Briggs|
|Release date||30 April 2012|
The scene is set in London 2025. An energy crisis persists and The GlobeSphere Corporation plans to alleviate it with solar panels on the moon and a satellite dish on top of the National Gallery. The Doctor has detected an even more incongruous energy in the vicinity.
- The Doctor – Tom Baker
- Leela – Louise Jameson
- Damien Stephens – Alex Lowe
- Jack Coulson – Mark Benton
- Lydia Harding – Caroline Keiff
- Kevin Winston – Dan Starkey
- Robomen – John Dorney / Alex Lowe / Dan Starkey
- Daleks – Nicholas Briggs
- The Daleks converted humans into electronically controlled mind-slaves called "Robomen" in their second television story, The Dalek Invasion of Earth in 1964.
- This is Tom Baker's first Dalek story since 1979's Destiny of the Daleks. He also faced them in 1975's Genesis of the Daleks.
- Mark Benton played Clive in the first episode of the revived Doctor Who television series, Rose, in 2005.
- Dan Starkey has played Sontarans in several recent Doctor Who television stories, such as The Sontaran Stratagem and A Good Man Goes to War.
- Although the fourth in this series, Energy of the Daleks was the first story Tom Baker recorded with Big Finish Productions. The recording took place on 22 April 2011.
- Mount, Paul (19 April 2012). "Audio Review: Doctor Who – Energy of the Daleks". Starburst. Retrieved 31 October 2012.