|Edited by||Joseph Hupp|
Royal Society of Chemistry (United Kingdom)
|ISO 4||Energy Environ. Sci.|
Energy & Environmental Science is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing original (primary) research and review articles. The journal covers work of an interdisciplinary nature in the biochemical and biophysical sciences and chemical and mechanical engineering disciplines. It covers energy area. Energy & Environmental Science is published by the Royal Society of Chemistry and the editor-in-chief is Joseph Hupp, (Northwestern University, USA).
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2017 impact factor of 30.067, ranking it 4th out of 163 journals in the category "Chemistry, Multidisciplinary", first out of 88 journals in the category "Energy & Fuels", first out of 135 journals in the category "Engineering, Chemical", and first among 225 journals in the category "Environmental Sciences".
Energy & Environmental Science publishes the following types of articles: Research Papers (original scientific work); Review Articles, Perspectives, and Minireviews (feature review-type articles of broad interest); Communications (original scientific work of an urgent nature), Opinions (personal, often speculative, viewpoints or hypotheses on a current topic), and Analysis Articles (in-depth examination of energy and environmental technologies, strategies, policies, and general conceptual frameworks of general interest).
Abstracting and indexing
According to the Thomson Reuters Master Journal List and CASSI, this journal is indexed by the following services:
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/ Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Current Contents/ Engineering, Computing & Technology
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI 
- "About Energy & Environmental Science". Royal Society of Chemistry. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Chemistry, Multidisciplinary". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Energy & Fuels". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Engineering, Chemical". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Environmental Sciences". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- Use internet ISSN 1754-5706 to access CASSI entry