|Founder||Joop van den Ende|
John de Mol
|Headquarters||Shepherd's Bush, |
|Owner||Scott Trust Limited (1990–1998)|
21st Century Fox (2015–2019, 50%)
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International (2019, 50%)
Apollo Global Management (2012–2019, 50%)
Banijay (Pending Regulatory Approval)
Number of employees
Endemol Shine Group (2015–present)
Endemol Shine UK (formerly Endemol UK Ltd before January 2015) is one of the largest independent media producers in the United Kingdom. The group is part of Endemol Shine Group, a worldwide network of production companies spanning twenty four countries.
Endemol Shine UK incorporates a number of production brands, including Artists Studio, Cheetah Television, Darlow Smithson Productions, House of Tomorrow, Initial, Remarkable Television (previously Brighter Pictures), Tiger Aspect, Tigress Productions, Zeppotron, and their digital divisions: Endemol Games and Endemol Digital Studio.
With the advent of a joint venture with 21st Century Fox, additional companies under the new Endemol Shine UK umbrella include Dragonfly, Kudos, and Princess Productions (now defunct). The various television production brands specialise in a broad range of genres including factual entertainment, reality series, drama series, specialist factual, arts, live events, music entertainment, documentaries, youth shows, and comedy.
The company originated from Peter Bazalgette's sale of his television company Bazal to the Guardian Media Group (GMG) in 1990. In September 1998, Endemol acquired a 50% stake and the division was named GMG Endemol. Endemol bought the company outright from GMG in August 2000.
Since 2000, a series of corporate owners and public stock transactions has culminated in the joint venture of 2014 with 21st Century Fox's Shine Group to form the rebranded Endemol Shine UK, effective January 2015.
In January 2016, Endemol acquired the short-form and branded content production house Electric Robin and the digital talent management firm OP Talent.
- 1 vs 100
- 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow
- 8 Out of 10 Cats
- All Together Now
- The Bank Job
- Big Brother (UK)
- Black Mirror
- Celebrity Big Brother
- Deal or No Deal
- Fear Factor
- Gala TV
- The Games
- The Gap Year
- The Wall
- Golden Balls
- The House that £100k Built
- L.A. 7
- Let's Play Darts
- The Match
- Miami 7
- The Million Pound Drop Live
- Only Fools on Horses
- Ready Steady Cook
- Restoration Home
- Richard Osman's House of Games
- Signs of Life
- Soccer Aid
- Total Wipeout
- Two Tribes
- UK Music Hall of Fame
- Your Face Sounds Familiar
Awards and nominations
|2017||Diversity in Media Awards||TV Moment of the Year||Black Mirror – San Junipero||Nominated|
|Diversity in Media Awards||Production Company of the Year||Tiger Aspect Productions||Nominated|
- Clarke, Stewart; Keslassy, Elsa (26 October 2019). "Banijay Seals Deal for Endemol Shine, Paving Way for Huge New Global Player". Variety.
- Martinson, Jane (11 January 2016). "Endemol Shine president to leave one year after creation of 'mega indie'". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Endemol Shine Gaming". endemolgames.com. Archived from the original on 26 September 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Barraclough, Leo (28 July 2014). "Endemol, Charlie Brooker Launch House of Tomorrow". Variety. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Holmwood, Leigh (27 September 2007). "From That's Life to Big Brother". The Guardian.
- Szalai, Georg (10 October 2014). "Fox, Apollo Complete Deal to Combine Shine, Endemol, Core Media". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (26 January 2016). "Endemol Shine UK Acquires Short-Form Producer, Digital Talent Agency". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- "Endemol Shine UK Labels". Endemol Shine UK.
- "EndemolShine Nordics". EndemolShine Group.
- "Unsere Tochterfirmen under Joint Ventures". Endemol Shine Germany.
- "Endemol Shine Group unveils new scripted label in Germany". Endemol Shine Group. 25 February 2020.
- Manori Ravindran (20 February 2020). "Endemol Shine Sets Up German Scripted Label Ahead of Banijay Acquisition". Variety. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- "About Us - WeiT Media".
- "Producer Imogen Banks signs new deal at Endemol Shine". TV Tonight. 24 February 2016.