Houses and golf course in Emerald Park
|Rural municipality||Edenwold No. 158|
|• Governing body||Edenwold No. 158 Council|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|Forward sortation area|
Emerald Park was developed in the mid eighties. Initially, an auction house, agriculture implement dealerships and a gas station were the first structures in the area.
Not long afterward a developer had a vision for a community of larger-lot homes built around a golf course.
Now, Emerald Park is home to several beautiful homes, industrial, retail and commercial businesses and is a true full-service community.
The RM of Edenwold office is located at 100 Hutchence Road in Emerald Park.
There are three schools serving Emerald Park families:
- École White City School – a French immersion school, kindergarten through grade 8;
- Emerald Ridge Elementary School – kindergarten through grade 8; and
- Greenall High School (Balgonie) – grades 9 through 12.
Grocery stores, hardware stores, pharmacies, clothing and retail stores and restaurants serve residents and industrial companies and specialty farm equipment retailers and manufacturers lead the way in innovation and forward-thinking.
Recreation and services
In Emerald Park, residents have access to tennis courts, pickleball courts, soccer fields (and the new soccer centre facility on Great Plains Road), several pathways, trails and playground equipment, in addition to a privately run indoor skating rink (Communiskate).
The White Butte Trails (located north of Highway 1) are a unique natural asset to enjoy free hiking and cross-country skiing opportunities. Portions of the Trans Canada Trail run throughout the RM of Edenwold No. 158.
Annual recreation grants are given to towns and the village within the RM of Edenwold No. 158.
A variety of churches operate in the area, including:
- Balgonie Baptist Church, Balgonie United Church, and St. Joseph's Catholic Church in the Town of Balgonie;.
- Ambassadors for Christ Church in the Town of White City;
- Way of Life Church and St. Agnes Roman Catholic Church in the Town of Pilot Butte; and
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church in the Village of Edenwold.
Water and sewer service is provided by the RM of Edenwold No. 158. Garbage and recycling pick up is coordinated for Emerald Park residents through private contractors. Fire protection agreements are in place between the RM of Edenwold No. 158 and the towns of Balgonie, White City, and Pilot Butte, the Village of Edenwold, and the Hamlet of Kronau. A secondary service provider agreement is in place with the City of Regina.
In addition to local municipal newsletters, The Quad Town Forum newspaper is a weekly newspaper that serves the RM, White City, Pilot Butte, Balgonie, and the surrounding areas.
- "Growth Study Update". Town of White City. April 2020. Retrieved May 13, 2020.
- "Map of Emerald Park" (PDF).
- "Census 2016 - RM of Edenwold No. 158".
- "Municipal profile. See Section 3" (PDF).
- "White City & Emerald Park Business Association".
- "RM of Edenwold / Business".
- "RM of Edenwold / Municipal Profile" (PDF).
- "Great Plains Leasholds Ltd / Emerald Park Development".
- "École White City School". www.pvsd.ca.
- "Emerald Ridge Elementary School". www.pvsd.ca. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Greenall Home Page". www.pvsd.ca. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "RM of Edenwold / MUNICIPAL PROFILE" (PDF).
- "RM of Edenwold / Maps / Business" (PDF).
- "RM of Edenwold / Business".
- "Regina Leader Post / SEEDMASTER story".
- "RM of Edenwold / Recreation".
- "Tourism Saskatchewan / white Butte Trails".
- "Southeast Regional Library / Balgonie Public Library Branch".
- "Southeast Regional Library / Pilot Butte Public Library Branch".
- "Southeast Regional Library / White City Public Library Branch".
- "RM of Edenwold / Community / Churches".
- "RM of Edenwold / water and sewer utilities".
- "RM of Edenwold / Fire protection Services".
- "Quad Town Forum".