|Eleonore Sophie of Saxe-Weimar|
|Duchess consort of Saxe-Merseburg-Lauchstädt|
|Born||22 March 1660|
|Died||4 February 1687 (aged 26)|
|Spouse||Philipp, Duke of Saxe-Merseburg-Lauchstädt|
|Father||John Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Weimar|
|Mother||Christine Elisabeth of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg|
Born in Weimar, she was the third of five children born from the marriage of John Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Weimar and Christine Elisabeth of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg.
In Weimar on 9 July 1684 Eleonore Sophie married Prince Philipp of Saxe-Merseburg, third surviving son of Duke Christian I. Shortly after the wedding, he received the town of Lauchstädt as his appanage, and took his residence there.
- Christiana Ernestina (Merseburg, 16 September 1685 – Merseburg, 20 June 1689).
- John William, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Merseburg-Lauchstädt (Lauchstädt, 27 January 1687 – Merseburg, 21 June 1687).
- Eleonora Sophia Herzogin v.Sachsen-Weimar in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan Archived 2014-10-13 at the Wayback Machine [retrieved 8 October 2014].
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Wettin". genealogy.euweb.cz. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Eleanore Sophie von Sachsen-Weimar in: thePeerage.com [retrieved 8 October 2014].
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach line in: Royaltyguide.nl Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine [retrieved 8 October 2014].
Eleonore Sophie of Saxe-WeimarBorn: 22 March 1660 Died: 4 February 1687
|New creation|| Duchess consort of Saxe-Merseburg-Lauchstädt
Title next held byLouise Elisabeth of Württemberg-Oels