The Electronic Music Awards is an music award show focused on electronic music genres that debuted on September 21, 2017 in Los Angeles. It was created by Paul Oakenfold and entertainment company Hunt & Crest and produced by Live L!ve Media. The show was live streamed via Twitter and Pluto TV and garnered 3.4 million views within 2.5 hours.
The 2017 event was hosted by Hannah Rad, Matt Medved, Robin Schulz & Vicky Vox. Performers included Moby, Juan Atkins, Autograf, Floorplan, Illenium, Kidnap Kid, Orbital, Ramzoid, Delano Smith, Goldfish, Madeaux & The Saunderson Brothers.
On May 8, 2018, it was announced that the show would make its sophomore debut on November 8, 2018 in Los Angeles produced by Hunt & Crest in partnership with Live Digital Entertainment. The 2018 show aimed to celebrate equality and excellence in electronic music, under the mission statement of, "We're All The Same On The Dance Floor".
Winners and nominations
- "Eric Prydz, Cashmere Cat, Moby Among Winners at Inaugural Electronic Music Awards". Variety.
- "Pluto TV To Provide Live Streams From Electronic Music Awards". PR Newswire.
- , , , and .
- "Bonobo, Rufus du Sol, Eric Prydz & More Win 2017 Electronic Music Awards". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "The Electronic Music Awards". theemawards.com. Electronic Music Awards. September 21, 2017. Archived from the original on 10 September 2017. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- "Winners List". Electronic Music Awards. Dead-link, see: http://www.emawards.com/awards/