Map of Hill, 2017
|Party||Katter's Australian Party|
|Area||21,935 km2 (8,469.2 sq mi)|
Hill is an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of Queensland. It was created in the 2017 redistribution, and first contested at the Queensland state election the same year. It was named after geologist Dorothy Hill.
It is a new seat centered on the Atherton Tableland region, encompassing the coastal region around Innisfail, Tully and Babinda. Much of the seat was previously part of the abolished seat of Dalrymple.
From results of the 2015 election, Hill was estimated to be a marginal seat for Katter's Australian Party with a margin of 4.9%. Shane Knuth, the last member for Dalrymple, transferred to Hill and retained it for KAP on a large swing.
Members for Hill
|Shane Knuth||Katter's Australian||2017–present|
|Katter's Australian||Shane Knuth||15,065||48.2||+20.8|
|Liberal National||Mario Quagliata||7,136||22.8||−14.6|
|Total formal votes||31,276||96.4||−1.8|
|Katter's Australian||Shane Knuth||21,815||69.7||+14.9|
|Liberal National||Mario Quagliata||9,461||30.3||−14.9|
|Katter's Australian hold||Swing||+14.9|
- Electoral districts of Queensland
- Members of the Queensland Legislative Assembly by year
- Category:Members of the Queensland Legislative Assembly by name
- Queensland Redistribution Commission (26 May 2017). "Determination of Queensland's Legislative Assembly Electoral Districts" (PDF). Queensland Government Gazette. p. 207. Archived (PDF) from the original on 29 October 2017. Retrieved 29 October 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Green, Antony. "2017 Queensland Redistribution". ABC Elections. Archived from the original on 5 November 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- 2017 State General Election - Hill - District Summary, ECQ.