|Birth name||Edward Pingua Zakayo|
|Born||25 November 2001|
|Coached by||Erick Kimaiyo|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||5000 m: 13:03.19|
Edward Pingua Zakayo (born 25 November 2001) is a Kenyan male long-distance runner who competes in the 5000 metres. He was the bronze medallist in that event at the 2018 Commonwealth Games. At club level, he represents S.L. Benfica in Portugal.
Born in Narok, Zakayo said his aim in his running career was to help his mother out of poverty and pay for his education. In 2017, he won the Kenyan youth trials and was selected for the 2017 IAAF World U18 Championships, where he took a silver medal over 3000 metres in front of a home crowd in Nairobi. On 11 June 2018, he won the Kenya World U20 trials with a new personal best of 13:19 to qualify for the U20 World Championships in Finland.
|2017||World U18 Championships||Nairobi, Kenya||2nd||3000 m||7:49.17|
|2018||Commonwealth Games||Gold Coast, Australia||3rd||5000 m||13:54.06|
|World U20 Championships||Tampere, Finland||1st||5000 m||13:20.16|
|African Championships||Asaba, Nigeria||1st||5000 m||13:48.58|
|2019||African U20 Championships||Abidjan, Ivory Coast||1st||5000 m||13:13.06|
|African Games||Rabat, Morocco||2nd||5000 m||13:30.96|
- Almeida, Isaura (22 June 2019). "Edward, o menino da tribo que espanta o mundo pela idade e recordes no Benfica" [The tribe's little boy who amazes the world for his age and records at Benfica]. Diário de Notícias (in Portuguese). Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- Dores, Márcia (16 November 2018). "Equipa júnior de cross do Benfica apresenta-se com ambição" [Cross junior team presents itself with ambition]. S.L. Benfica (in Portuguese). Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Edward Pingua ZAKAYO. Gold Coast 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-08.
- Edward Zakayo Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2018-04-08.
- Report: boys' 3000m – IAAF World U18 Championships Nairobi 2017 . IAAF (2017-07-16). Retrieved 2018-04-08.