|• Mayor||Thomas Petrich (since 2014) (SPD)|
|• Total||25.83 km2 (9.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||197 m (646 ft)|
|• Density||280/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
34295, 34225 (Kahler Berg)
|Dialling codes||05665 / 05603|
|Vehicle registration||HR, FZ, MEG, ZIG|
Edermünde is a community in northern Hesse, Germany.
Edermünde lies in the north of the Schwalm-Eder district not far southwest of Kassel. This is where the river Eder empties into the river Fulda. The constituent community of Besse is nestled in the Langenberge range that rises to the west.
The community consists of the centres of Besse, Grifte, Haldorf and Holzhausen am Hahn.
Edermünde is surrounded by four neighbouring communities:
- Baunatal in the north (borders directly)
- Guxhagen in the east (across the Fulda)
- Gudensberg in the south (borders directly)
- Niedenstein in the west (across the Langenberge)
Culture and sightseeing
- Heimatmuseum ("Homeland Museum") in Haldorf (in former herdsman's house)
- Dorfmuseum Holzhausen ("Holzhausen Village Museum") in the DGH (Holzhausen Culture and History Club)
- "Fortress church" in Besse
- River Hahn in Holzhausen
Sons and daughters of the community
- Eckebrecht von Grifte (mediaeval military man)