|Alma mater||Ankara University|
Ece Temelkuran (born 22 July 1973, Izmir) is a Turkish journalist and author. She was a columnist for Milliyet (2000–2009) and Habertürk (2009 – January 2012), and a presenter on Habertürk TV (2010–2011). She was fired from Habertürk after writing articles critical of the government, especially its handling of the December 2011 Uludere massacre. She was twice named Turkey's "most read political columnist". Her columns have also been published in international media such as The Guardian and Le Monde Diplomatique.
A graduate of Ankara University's Faculty of Law, she has published 12 books, including two published in English (Deep Mountain, Across the Turkish-Armenian Divide, Verso 2010, and Book of the Edge, BOA Editions 2010). In 2008 she was a visiting fellow at the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, during which time she wrote Deep Mountain, Across the Turkish-Armenian Divide. Her books include Ne Anlatayım Ben Sana! ("What am I Going to Tell You!", Everest, 2006), on hunger strikes by Turkish political prisoners. She was awarded the Human Rights Association of Turkey's Ayşe Zarakolu Freedom of Thought Award in 2008.
- Book of the Edge : Poems translator Deniz Perin, Rochester, N.Y. : BOA Editions, 2010. ISBN 9781934414361
- Turkey: the Insane and the Melancholy, translator Zeynep Beler, London : Zed Books, 2015. ISBN 9781783608904
- Women Who Blow on Knots translator Alexander Dawe, Cardigan : Parthian Books, 2017. ISBN 9781910901694
- Time of Mute Swans. Skyhorse Publishing Company, Incorporated, 2017. ISBN 9781628728149
- How to Lose a Country: the 7 steps from democracy to dictatorship. Fourth Estate Ltd., 2019. ISBN 9780008340612
- "About", ecetemelkuran.com Archived 2016-04-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "Ece Temelkuran"", haberler.com
- Al Akhbar (6 January 2012), Firing Turkey's Ece Temelkuran: The Price of Speaking Out Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Ayla Albayrak (9 January 2012), "Turkish Colonel, Journalist Fired Over Kurdish Killings", The Wall Street Journal blog
- Ece Temelkuran (27 January 2012) Turkish journalists are very frightened – but we must fight this intimidation, The Guardian
- Ayça Tomaç, translator (19 January 2012). "Turkish "democracy": The two articles that caused the firing of Turkish journalist Ece Temelkuran". Sendika.Org.
- BOA Editions, Ltd., Book of the Edge Archived 2015-09-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Ece Temelkuran Archived 2011-03-15 at the Wayback Machine
- "Odgłosy rosnących bananów". ksiazkoweklimaty.pl. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- SHAH, VIKAS. "A Conversation with Ece Temelkuran on How to Lose a Country, in 7 Steps". Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- Ece Temelkuran (29 March 2020), "Corona-Neo-Fascism" as a deadly combo, Diem TV with Srecko Horvat, at 0:40:00.
- Ece Temelkuran (17 July 2016), "Yet again Turkey's children have awoken to darkness at dawn", The Guardian
- Ece Temelkuran (3 July 2016), "How My City Washes Away the Blood", The New York Times
- Recent English articles