|Country of origin||China|
|Ingredients||Caffeine, taurine, sucrose and glucose, B-group vitamins, and alpine spring water|
Eastroc Super Drink (Chinese: 东鹏特饮/东鹏特饮维生素功能饮料) is an energy drink originating and conceived from China in 1987 respectively. Eastroc Super Drink is one of China's best selling local energy drink brands after Hi-Tiger and has the third largest market share in China after Red Bull and Hi-Tiger. Of the top three brands, Eastroc Super Drink experienced the most growth in retail sales from 2011 to 2015 with a 255.5% increase. The brand is the first Chinese brand to introduce functional beverages into its line of products. Eastroc Super Drink is been approved by the National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People's Republic of China.
Ingredients for the Eastroc Super Drink includes the following but not limited to aqua, sugar, food additives for example, citric acid, sodium citrate, flavors, taurine, caffeine, lysine, inositol, malic acid, vitamin PP, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and yellow lemon. The Eastroc Super Drink also includes 125mg of taurine, 50mg of lysine, 50mg of inositol, 50mg of caffeine, 10mg of vitamin PP, 1mg of vitamin B6 and 3ug of vitamin B12.
Energy drinks have been associated with numerous health risks, for instance masking the effects of intoxication when consumed with alcohol and excessive or repeated consumption can lead to psychiatric and cardiac conditions. Eastroc Super Drink is still considered safe for consumption by the National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People's Republic of China.
Eastroc Super Drink is a strong advocate on sports as seen through advertisements. The brand is the sponsor for the 2017 International Champions Cup (ICC) China in Guangzhou. In September 2012, Eastroc Super Drink contracted with Nicholes Tze who is the brand's spokesman. The brand has also sponsored multiple Chinese variety shows. Among those are Amazing Race China and top variety show, Go Fighting!. Eastroc Super Drink sponsored the third season of Go Fighting!.
- "东鹏特饮成就功能饮料品牌典范". WangYi Net (in Chinese). 2017-06-26.
- YUAN, Paul Feiyang (October 19, 2017). China Foods：Pivot to beverages should unleash growth potential over the long-term. p. 5.
- "MARKET ACCESS SECRETARIAT Global Analysis Report: Health and Wellness Series Functional Foods and Beverages in China" (PDF). Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. January 2017.
- "东鹏特饮燃情赞助国际足球冠军杯". Economic News China (in Chinese). 2017-08-01.
- "东鹏特饮身陷违规添加门". Sina Finance News (in Chinese). 2013-02-22.
- Pennay A, Lubman DI, Miller P (2011). "Combining energy drinks and alcohol" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- Sanchis-Gomar F, Pareja-Galeano H, Cervellin G, Lippi G, Earnest CP (2015). "Energy drink overconsumption in adolescents: implications for arrhythmias and other cardiovascular events". Can J Cardiol. 31 (5): 572–5. doi:10.1016/j.cjca.2014.12.019. PMID 25818530.
- Petit A, Karila L, Lejoyeux M (2015). "[Abuse of energy drinks: does it pose a risk?]". Presse Med. 44 (3): 261–70. doi:10.1016/j.lpm.2014.07.029. PMID 25622514.
- "东鹏特饮呼吁 生命在于运动". Xiao Fei China (in Chinese). 2017-07-14.
- "Borussia Dortmund partners with Ofo, China's Uber for bike sharing". ytsports china (in Chinese). 2017-07-18.
- "谢霆锋代言东鹏特饮 最新广告即将震撼首播" (in Chinese). 2013-02-22.
- "东鹏特饮强势赞助 《极速前进》". iFeng Entertainment News (in Chinese). 2014-10-17.
- "《极限挑战》第三季觉醒开播 致敬唤醒城市的那群人". Yule China (in Chinese). 2017-07-12.