East Resources, Inc., was an oil and gas exploration and production company with a focus on unconventional shale oil and gas resources in the US. The company was founded in 1983 by Terrence Pegula. East Resources sold most of its assets to Royal Dutch Shell in 2010 for $4.7 billion and the rest to American Energy in 2014 for $1.75 billion as Pegula shifted his focus to sports and entertainment properties (Pegula used most of the money from the American Energy sale to purchase the Buffalo Bills). East Resources still maintains some natural gas assets.
- Pegula Sports and Entertainment – sports and entertainment company formed from Pegula's sale of East Resources
- "Royal Dutch Shell Scoops Up East Resources for $4.7 Billion". DailyFinance. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- Berkowitz, Ben (May 28, 2010). "Shell pays $4.7 billion for shale gas company". Reuters. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Wawrow, John (August 5, 2014). Bills bidder Pegula closes $1.75 billion deal. Associated Press. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Graham, Tim (2014-08-05). "Pegula closes on $1.75 billion land deal, drops hint he has more if he needs it - BN Blitz - The Buffalo News". Bills.buffalonews.com. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|