Salem United Methodist Church, located in a rural part of the township
Location of Eagle Township in Boone County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.73 sq mi (69.2 km2)|
|• Land||26.65 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||824.8/sq mi (318.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453269|
Pryor Brock Farmstead, Maplelawn Farmstead, Traders Point Eagle Creek Rural Historic District, and Traders Point Hunt Rural Historic District are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 26.73 square miles (69.2 km2), of which 26.65 square miles (69.0 km2) (or 99.70%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities and towns
Unincorporated towns or communities
- Allens Acres
- Austin Oaks
- Eagle Village
- Eaglewood Estates
- Fox Hollow
- Hamilton (historical)
- Northern Meadows
- Russell Lake
- The Woodlands
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Perry (west)
- Union (north)
- Worth (northwest)
- Brown Township, Hendricks County (southwest)
- Clay Township, Hamilton County (east)
- Pike Township, Marion County (south)
- Washington Township, Hamilton County (northeast)
The township contains six cemeteries: Clarkstown, Cox, Jones, Lincoln Memory Gardens, Pitzer, Salem and Sheets.
- "Eagle Township, Boone County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/12/11 through 9/16/11. National Park Service. 2011-09-23.