This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (November 2019)
|Founded||1992 in Brussels, Belgium|
|Jacob Bangsgaard, CEO|
|Products||Technical & Scientific Research Services|
ERTICO - ITS Europe is an Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) organization in Europe that promotes research and defines ITS industry standards. It is a network of ITS and Services stakeholders in Europe. It connects together public authorities, industry players, infrastructure operators, users, national ITS associations and other organisations. It is seen to be a Think tank for Intelligent Transportation Systems.
In the past, ERTICO-ITS Europe has played a leading role in advancing:
- the TMC standards
- an open framework for telematics services
- next generations of preventive safety systems
- the technical framework for interoperable tolling in Europe
- global implementation of ITS together with ITS America an ITS Japan
The ERTICO Partners and ERTICO team work on a portfolio of activities to accelerate the development and deployment of ITS across Europe and beyond. ERTICO is one of the main organizers of the World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems.
Intelligent mobility enables all modes of transport to communicate with one another, whereby travelers have easy access to all relevant information needed to make their travel choices. The association represents the interests and expertise of over 100 active partners involved in a wide range of funded research projects and other cooperative efforts to come up with sustainable solutions for safer, smarter and more efficient transport solutions.
Under the auspices of ERTICO's "Telematics Forum" the existing telematics standards GATS (Global Automotive Telematics Standard) and ACP (Application Communication Protocol) were merged into the new XML-based one called GTP (Global Telematics Protocol) in 2003.
- "ERTICO Team".
- "European Road Transport Telematics Implementation Coordination Organisation-Intelligent Transport Systems & Services Europe". EU Transparency Register. November 18, 2009.
- "Prof. Schulz bei Podiumsdiskussion „Prosumers: co-creators in Multimodality" in der Autoworld Brüssel beim Thinktank ERTICO" (in German). Zeppelin Universität. June 20, 2018.
- "ERTICO hosts 25th Anniversary Think Tank".
- "ERTICO - ITS Europe elects Angelos Amditis as new board chairman". Traffic Technology Today. UKI.
its role as a key organization for defining and developing further the future of transport
- "European Road Transport Telematics Implementation Coordination Organisation-Intelligent Transport Systems & Services Europe (ERTICO-ITS Europe)". Lobbyfacts.
- "VRA CONCERTATION MEETINGS & IMOBILITY FORUM AUTOMATION WG".
eventually becoming ERTICO thematic papers
- "ITS World Congress 2018 - Organisers & Host". itsworldcongress.com. Archived from the original on 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- Official website
- "ERTICO – ITS Europe - European Road Transport Telematics Implementation Coordination scrl". UDRIVE.
|This article about a civil engineering topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|