|Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck|
Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck (also known as Daffy Duck Starring As Duck Dodgers in PAL regions) is a platform video game for the Nintendo 64 released in 2000. Based on the cartoon, the player takes control of Daffy Duck and explores five fictional planets and saves the Earth. The object is to collect energy atoms to unlock the boss areas and defeat the bosses, whom upon defeating, opens up the next planet. This game has Rumble Pak support and allows the player to save the game directly to the cartridge with the battery back-up, rather than using a Controller Pack, as many other third-party titles on the Nintendo 64 used such to save game data.
Marvin the Martian has developed an ultimate weapon that will allow him to finally destroy Earth, which will ultimately allow him to take control of the universe. Upon the demonstration of the weapon, a slight snag hinders Marvin from completing his devious deed. The weapon is out of atoms, which it runs on, so he sends his minions (all of which are characters from the Looney Tunes universe) to gather atoms to fuel his weapon.
Duck Dodgers is informed by his academy of Marvin's deeds and sets out to find the one-hundred Atoms before Marvin can. This ultimately has Dodgers and his sidekick, Cadet, trekking to four different planets, including a large pirate ship, to obtain the upper-hand over Marvin.
IGN gave Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck a good 7.6 out of 10 overall praising the game's presentation but had criticism with the blurry graphics and the gameplay because of "super loose control and difficult camera movements". Overall reviews were mixed. GameRankings gave it a score of 72.73%, while Metacritic gave it 69 out of 100.
- "Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck for Nintendo 64". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- "Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck Critic Reviews for Nintendo 64". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- "Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck". Electronic Gaming Monthly. 2000.
- "REVIEW for Duck Dodgers". GameFan. August 11, 2000.
- Davis, Ryan (2000-08-22). "Duck Dodgers Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Boulding, Aaron (2000-07-06). "Duck Dodgers". IGN. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- "Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck". Nintendo Power. 133. June 2000.
- Curtiss, Aaron (2000-10-26). "'Girl' Dangerously Cool, but Dodge the 'Duck'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Lewis, Rachel. "Duck Dodgers Review (N64) - Gaming Age". Gaming Age. Archived from the original on 2005-12-30. Retrieved 2014-05-16.