This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Drugs or Jesus"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Live Like You Were Dying|
|Released||January 17, 2005|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"Drugs or Jesus" is a song written by Brett James, Troy Verges, Aimee Mayo and Chris Lindsey, and performed by American country music singer Tim McGraw. It was released in January 2005 as the third single from his album Live Like You Were Dying. It peaked at number 14, thus becoming his first single since "Two Steppin' Mind" in 1993 to miss the top ten (not counting "Tiny Dancer").
The narrator talks about how in his hometown, people follow their own paths in life and either choose drugs or Jesus.
Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a positive rating. He says that the song is one of McGraw's best performances ever.
The music video, directed by Sherman Halsey, shows McGraw walking through an old house. He does not wear a cowboy hat, but rather a knit cap. The video peaked at #13 on CMT's Top Twenty Countdown in 2005.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||14|
|US Billboard Hot 100||87|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||55|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2005-02-11). "Tim McGraw - "Drugs or Jesus"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Tim McGraw Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Tim McGraw Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2005: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2005. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|