|Directed by||J. Karun Kumar|
|Produced by||D.S. Rao|
|Written by||J. Karun Kumar|
|Starring||Nithiin Reddy |
|Distributed by||Sai Krishna Productions|
|20 February 2009 (India)|
|Box office||135 crore|
Drona is a 2009 Indian Telugu-language action thriller film starring Nihiin Reddy, Priyamani Iyer, Kelly Dorjee, Mukesh Rishi, Sita, Sunil, Raghubabu, directed by J.Karun Kumar. Produced by Rao, and music composed by Anoop Rubens. The film released in 2009. The film was later dubbed into Hindi & Malayalam as Sarfira - The Power Man & Drona.
Drona (Nitin) is the only son of (Mukesh Rishi) and Sita. Drona’s father Mukesh Rushi is an honest and dedicated Police officer. Drona likes his mother Meenakshi (Sita) so much and love her as his own life. When he was a child Drona steals his father’s revolver to scare his friends. On knowing this his father scolds him, consequently Drona leaves his home and gets lost. After 20 years, he comes back to his parents with the name Chandu. A Neighboring girl Indu (Priyamani) likes Drona/Chandu a lot. On a fateful day, she finds out that Chandu is none other than the long lost boy, Drona. It's revealed that Drona and his friend were kidnapped along with other boys. They were forced to become thieves. Drona had no other choice to kill a group of police officers in self-defense, while trying to escape with the jewelry because the bad guys have to take poison out of Drona's body and the other guys might get killed by the bad guys. The officers had duty to shoot Drona. Drona made a bad choice to kill 2 innocent people flying a police helicopter. Drona shouldn't have killed the people, who were flying the helicopter. Drona becomes an approver to send the robbers and their kingpin to jail.
- Nithiin as Drona
- Priyamani as Indu
- Mukesh Rishi as Drona's father
- Kelly Dorjee
- Raghu Babu
- Karate Kalyani
- Rakhi Sawant as item number "Sayyare Sayya"
|Soundtrack album by|
|Anup Rubens chronology|
|1.||"Vaddantana"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Pranavi Acharya, Rehan Khan||4:25|
|2.||"Vade Vade"||Ananta Sriram||Shreya Ghoshal||4:16|
|4.||"Em Maya Chesavo"||Ananta Sriram||Ranjith, Harshika||4:33|
|5.||"Em Maya Chesavo" (Remix)||Ananta Sriram||Ranjith, Harshika||4:13|
|6.||"Vennela Vaana"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Udit Narayan, Sowmya||4:11|
|7.||"Drona" (Sentiment Bit)||Instrumental||Revathi||2:17|
|8.||"Drona" (Theme Music)||Chaitanya Prasad||Muralidhar, Siddharth, Raghuram||2:02|
The film opened to mostly negative reviews.
Idlebrain Jeevi in his review Stated that "the main drawbacks of the film are incompetent direction and bad villain characterization. When the villain’s character is not etched properly, the heroism does not get elevated. It may find some favor in B and C centers. On a whole, Drona is a badly shot film"
Greatandhra In its review noted That "the only saving grace for this film to reduce the loss to maximum extent is Priyamani's glamour show on posters."
- "Nithin's 'Drona' comes on Diwali - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 20 October 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Drona review - Telugu cinema Review - Nitin & Priyamani". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 8 November 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Review: Drona is pedestrian". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 8 November 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Drona Movie Review, Trailers, Galleries, Photos - 123telugu.com - Andhra Pradesh News and Views". www.123telugu.com. Retrieved 8 November 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "| greatandhra.com". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- News Source:indiaglitz.com . Fair use under educational and information purpose.