|Born||October 19, 1988|
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||155.1 lb (70.4 kg; 11.08 st)|
|Reach||70 in (178 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Team||Elevation Fight Team|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Andrew Martin Dober (born October 19, 1988) is an American mixed martial artist currently competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional competitor since 2009, he has also formerly competed for Bellator MMA, and Titan Fighting Championship.
Born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, Dober began training in Muay Thai at the age of 14 and was highly successful, going on to become a two-time Amateur World Champion. He also wrestled his junior and senior years at Millard North High School. Dober is also a purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, having achieved that rank under Ed Shobe of Mid-America Martial Arts before he moved to train in Colorado.
Mixed martial arts career
Dober compiled an amateur record of 9-0 before turning professional in 2009.
The Ultimate Fighter
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Dober faced former WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner at UFC on Fox: dos Santos vs. Miocic. He secured his biggest win to date, defeating Varner via rear-naked choke submission in the first round.
Dober faced Leandro Silva on March 21, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 62. Dober lost the fight via technical submission in the second round. Silva was attempting to secure a guillotine choke after dropping to the mat with Dober's neck secured in his arm. Dober defended and moved his body to the side to stave off being caught in the choke. Silva appeared to be losing his grip on the submission as Dober continued to work free. However, the referee stepped in and touched the fighters as if to motion that he was standing them up. In reality, he was stopping the fight due to submission despite the fact that Dober never tapped and was in no significant danger of being choked out from the hold. Despite the loss, UFC awarded Dober his win money with president Dana White stating that he would have liked to see the result overturned and the match declared a no contest. The fight was later overturned to a "No Contest" by the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) after the referee Eduardo Herdy admitted his mistake.
Dober was expected to face Erik Koch on January 2, 2016 at UFC 195. However, Koch pulled out of the bout in early December citing injury and was replaced by Scott Holtzman. He won the fight by unanimous decision.
Dober was expected to face Islam Makhachev on April 16, 2016 at UFC on Fox 19. After the weigh ins, the UFC announced that Makhachev had failed an out-of-competition drug screening, testing positive for the banned anti-ischemic meldonium. The match was cancelled.
A rescheduled bout with Erik Koch was expected to take place on September 10, 2016 at UFC 203. However on August 11, Koch pulled out again due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Jason Gonzalez. He won the fight via TKO in the first round.
Drew faced Frank Camacho in a welterweight bout on January 27, 2018 at UFC on Fox: Jacaré vs. Brunson 2. He won the fight via unanimous decision. This fight earned him the Fight of the Night bonus.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed Martial Arts
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. Frank Camacho
- Performance of the Night (One time) vs. Nasrat Haqparast
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|32 matches||22 wins||9 losses|
|Win||22–9 (1)||Nasrat Haqparast||TKO (punches)||UFC 246||January 18, 2020||1||1:10||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||21–9 (1)||Marco Polo Reyes||TKO (punches)||UFC on ESPN: Ngannou vs. dos Santos||June 29, 2019||1||1:07||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Loss||20–9 (1)||Beneil Dariush||Submission (triangle armbar)||UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. dos Santos||March 9, 2019||2||4:41||Wichita, Kansas, United States|
|Win||20–8 (1)||Jon Tuck||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Gaethje vs. Vick||August 25, 2018||3||5:00||Lincoln, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||19–8 (1)||Frank Camacho||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Jacaré vs. Brunson 2||January 27, 2018||3||5:00||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States||Welterweight bout. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||18–8 (1)||Josh Burkman||KO (punch)||UFC 214||July 29, 2017||1||3:04||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Loss||17–8 (1)||Olivier Aubin-Mercier||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 206||December 10, 2016||2||2:57||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||17–7 (1)||Jason Gonzalez||KO (punches)||UFC 203||September 10, 2016||1||1:45||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|Win||16–7 (1)||Scott Holtzman||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 195||January 2, 2016||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||15–7 (1)||Efrain Escudero||Submission (standing guillotine choke)||UFC 188||June 13, 2015||1||0:54||Mexico City, Mexico|
|NC||15–6 (1)||Leandro Silva||NC (overturned)||UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. LaFlare||March 21, 2015||2||2:45||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||Submission (guillotine choke) win for Silva overturned due to referee error.|
|Win||15–6||Jamie Varner||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on Fox: dos Santos vs. Miocic||December 13, 2014||1||1:52||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Loss||14–6||Nick Hein||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi||May 31, 2014||3||5:00||Berlin, Germany|
|Loss||14–5||Sean Spencer||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate Finale||November 30, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Welterweight bout.|
|Win||14–4||Tony Sims||Decision (split)||Fight To Win: Prize Fighting Championship 4||October 18, 2013||3||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||13–4||T.J. O'Brien||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Victory Fighting Championship 40||July 27, 2013||2||3:57||Ralston, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||12–4||Aaron Derrow||Decision (unanimous)||Centurion Fights||March 1, 2013||3||5:00||St. Joseph, Missouri, United States|
|Win||11–4||Sean Wilson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Disorderly Conduct 15: Resolution||January 26, 2013||1||4:58||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||10–4||Roberto Rojas Jr.||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Victory Fighting Championship 38||December 15, 2012||1||3:29||Ralston, Nebraska, United States|
|Loss||9–4||Will Brooks||Decision (unanimous)||Disorderly Conduct 10: The Yin and The Yang||August 10, 2012||3||5:00||Omaha, Nebraska, United States||Catchweight (162 lbs) bout.|
|Win||9–3||Ted Worthington||Submission (verbal)||Victory Fighting Championship 37||April 13, 2012||3||1:36||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Win||8–3||Jordan Johnson||TKO (punches)||Disorderly Conduct 4: Turf War||November 4, 2011||2||0:30||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||7–3||Sam Jackson||Decision (unanimous)||Victory Fighting Championship 35||July 30, 2011||3||5:00||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Loss||6–3||Ramiro Hernandez||KO (punches)||Victory Fighting Championship 34||April 1, 2011||1||2:29||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Win||6–2||Bobby Cooper||Decision (unanimous)||Titan FC 16||January 28, 2011||3||5:00||Kansas City, Kansas, United States||Catchweight (165 lbs) bout.|
|Win||5–2||Kody Frank||TKO (punches)||Victory Fighting Championship 33||December 11, 2010||2||3:44||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Win||4–2||Steve Simmons||TKO (punches)||Fight To Win: The Professionals||November 12, 2010||3||1:37||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||3–2||Jimmy Seipel||TKO (punches and elbows)||VFC 32: Dober vs. Seipel 2||July 30, 2010||2||3:16||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States||Return to Lightweight.|
|Win||2–2||Nick Nolte||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Bellator 16||April 29, 2010||1||4:45||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Welterweight debut.|
|Loss||1–2||Brandon Girtz||Decision (unanimous)||VFC 29: The Rising||November 13, 2009||3||5:00||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Chase Hackett||Decision (unanimous)||FTW: Featherweight Grand Prix Final Round||September 12, 2009||3||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||1–0||Frank Caraballo||TKO (punches)||VFC 28: Throwdown||July 24, 2009||2||3:58||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 188 Velasquez vs. Werdum". UFC.com. Archived from the original on June 13, 2015. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Dos Santos vs. Miocic". UFC.com. Archived from the original on December 15, 2014. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Drew Dober high school alum".
- "Bellator Fighting Championships 16 Official Results". mixedmartialarts.com.
- "'The Ultimate Fighter 15' cast unveiled with 32 lightweight fighters". mmajunkie.com. February 27, 2012.
- "TUF 15 Recap: Episode 1". sherdog.com. March 9, 2012.
- "TUF 18 Finale Update: Drew Dober Steps In To Face Sean Spencer". fightline.com. November 19, 2013.
- "TUF 18 Finale results: Sean Spencer gets past stubborn Drew Dober". mmajunkie.com. November 30, 2013.
- "UFC Fight Night 41 results: Nick Hein slugs way past Drew Dober". mmajunkie.com. May 31, 2014.
- "UFC on FOX 13 results: Drew Dober submits stunned Jamie Varner". mmajunkie.com. December 13, 2014.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-01-22). "UFC Fight Night 62 filling up fast with addition of three new match-ups". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-01-22.
- Damon Martin (March 21, 2015). "Dober victim of possibly worst stoppage in UFC history". foxsports.com.
- Marrocco, Steven; Morgan, John (March 22, 2015). "UFC pays Drew Dober his win money; Dana White stumps for no-contest". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- Cruz, Guilherme (March 26, 2015). "Brazilian commission: Leandro Silva vs. Drew Dober overturned, ruled a no-contest". MMAfighting.com. Retrieved March 26, 2015.
- Staff (2015-03-30). "Efrain Escudero Draws Drew Dober at UFC 188 in Mexico City". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- Dave Doyle (2015-06-13). "UFC 188 results: Efrain Escudero quickly submits Drew Dober". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- Staff (2015-09-15). "Lightweights Drew Dober vs. Erik Koch added to UFC 195 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-15.
- Staff (2015-12-04). "Scott Holtzman replaces Erik Koch at UFC 195". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-01-02). "UFC 195 results: Drew Dober bloodies up Scott Holtzman in unanimous decision upset". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- Staff (2016-02-18). "UFC on FOX 19 gets two new bouts". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- Critchfield, Tristen (2016-04-15). "Islam Makhachev tests positive for banned substance, UFC on Fox 19 bout canceled". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Danny Segura (2016-06-29). "Erik Koch vs. Drew Dober added to UFC 203". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Danny Segura (2016-06-29). "Erik Koch vs. Drew Dober added to UFC 203". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Staff (2016-08-11). "Erik Koch out, Drew Dober draws newcomer Jason Gonzalez at UFC 203". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-09-10). "UFC 203 results: Drew Dober lights up Jason Gonzalez for first-round TKO finish". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- Staff (2015-10-05). "Light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier defends title at UFC 206 in Toronto vs. Anthony Johnson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-12-10). "UFC 206 results: Olivier Aubin-Mercier finishes Drew Dober with yet another rear-naked choke". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- John King (2017-05-25). "Josh Burkman meets Drew Dober at UFC 214". thesprawlmma.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "UFC 214 results: Drew Dober breaks Josh Burkman's guard for 1st-round knockout win". MMAjunkie. 2017-07-29. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- DNA, MMA. "Drew Dober tegen Frank Camacho op UFC on FOX 27 in Charlotte". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "UFC on FOX 27 results: Drew Dober tops Frank Camacho in slugfest with an odd scorecard". MMAjunkie. 2018-01-28. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "UFC on FOX 27 bonuses: 'Jacare' Souza gets an extra $50,000 for his head-kick KO". MMAjunkie. 2018-01-28. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- Drake Riggs (2018-06-14). "UFC Lincoln gets lightweight scrap between Drew Dober and Jon Tuck". mma-today.com. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "UFC Fight Night 135 results: Drew Dober works over Jon Tuck in front of home fans". MMAjunkie. 2018-08-25. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
- DNA, MMA. "Beneil Dariush treft Drew Dober tijdens UFC Wichita in Maart 2019". Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- Hiergesell, Dan (2019-03-09). "Highlights! Dariush Scores Comeback Submission Finish At UFC Wichita". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-04-10). "Four fights announced for UFC Minneapolis including Benavidez vs. Formiga 2" (in Dutch). mmadnanl.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Harshman, Heath (2019-06-29). "UFC Minneapolis Results: Drew Dober Shows Off Power in TKO Win Over Marco Polo Reyes". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-06-30.
- "Nasrat Haqparast vs. Drew Dober added to Jan. 18 UFC event". MMA Junkie. 2019-10-27. Retrieved 2019-10-28.
- Doherty, Dan (2020-01-18). "UFC 246 Results: Drew Dober Halts Nasrat Haqparast in 70 Seconds". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
- "UFC 246 bonuses: Conor McGregor leads pack of five $50,000 winners". MMA Junkie. 2020-01-19. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
- David Tees (2020-03-10). "Diego Ferreira faces Drew Dober at UFC Fight Night Oklahoma City". fightful.com. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- Sherdog.com. "Drew Dober MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com". Sherdog. Retrieved 2019-10-28.