Centennial Plaza at the Downtown Mountain View station. The station building can be seen on the left.
600 West Evelyn Avenue near Castro Street|
Mountain View, California
|Line(s)||CaltrainVTA Light Rail|
2 side platforms (Caltrain)|
1 island platform (VTA)
|Bicycle facilities||Lockers available|
|Fare zone||Fare Zone 3 (Caltrain)|
December 17, 1999 (VTA Light Rail)
|Passengers (2017)||4585 per weekday 1.6%|
Downtown Mountain View station is an intermodal passenger transportation station that serves the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority light rail system, Caltrain commuter rail line, and numerous bus and shuttle routes. Downtown Mountain View is the northern terminus of the Mountain View-Winchester light rail line. The station house was rebuilt, in the early 2000s, using the style of a station house type (SP#18) built by the Southern Pacific in 1888.
Platforms and tracks
|VTA||Southbound||Winchester (Whisman) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Southbound||Winchester (Whisman) →|
|Caltrain||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||← San Francisco (San Antonio)|
← San Francisco(San Antonio, Menlo Park, or California Avenue)
← San Francisco(Palo Alto)
←San Francisco(Palo Alto)
|Southbound||Gilroy (Sunnyvale) →|
Gilroy, peak hours (Sunnyvale or Santa Clara), toward Tamien, non-peak hours (Sunnyvale or Santa Clara) →
San Jose Diridon (Terminus) →San Jose Diridon (Terminus) →
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
Connecting bus service
- VTA Bus Route 34
- VTA Bus Route 35
- VTA Bus Route 51
- VTA Bus Route 52
- Mountain View Community Shuttle
- MVgo East Whitman, East Bayshore, and West Bayshore shuttles
- Duane Ave Shuttle
- Caltrain. "2017 Annual Count Key Findings Report" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- Sheck, Justin (April 20, 2001). "Old Southern Pacific station house to be installed at transit plaza". Mountain View Voice. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "City of Mountain View - City Centennial". Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Media related to Downtown Mountain View station at Wikimedia Commons
- Caltrain Mountain View station page
- The Tasman West Light Rail Project: Art and Aesthetics Program at VTA
- Park & Ride Lots - Downtown Mountain View Caltrain Station at VTA
|This Santa Clara County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|