|• Total||7.67 km2 (2.96 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,800/km2 (15,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Dowleswaram is a part of Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation in East Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It was a census town as per 2011 Census of India and was fully included into the corporation on 18 March 2013, along with 21 panchayats. It also forms a part of Godavari Urban Development Authority.
Sir Arthur Cotton built a barrage (dam) across the Godavari in Dowleswaram. In memory of him, the Sir Arthur Cotton Museum, where projects relating to irrigation works are displayed, was named in his honour.
- "District Census Handbook - East Godavari" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 54–55. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- BVS Bhaskar (20 March 2013). "21 gram panchayats merged into RMC". The Hindu. Rajahmundry. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation Enlarged with 21 Gram Panchayats". Tgnns. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Constitution of Godavari Urban Development Authority with headquarters at Godavari" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 January 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Official Web Portal of East Godavari District". Eastgodavari.nic.in. Retrieved 30 August 2015.