|"Do You Believe in Love"|
|Single by Huey Lewis and the News|
|from the album Picture This|
|B-side||"Is It Me"|
|Released||January 22, 1982|
|Songwriter(s)||Robert John "Mutt" Lange|
|Producer(s)||Huey Lewis and the News|
|Huey Lewis and the News singles chronology|
"Do You Believe in Love" is the first top-ten hit for the American rock band Huey Lewis and the News, peaking at number seven in May 1982, off their second album Picture This. It was written by Robert John "Mutt" Lange.
When Lange wrote the song and submitted it to the band, it was entitled "We Both Believe In Love", but was retitled after Lewis made some lyrical revisions. The unrevised version was originally recorded by British band Supercharge, on which Lange sang lead vocals, on the 1979 album Body Rhythm.
A music video for the song (filmed in February, 1982 in Los Angeles) features a scene with the band singing into a sleeping woman's ear, followed by the next morning, singing in the kitchen. This video received heavy airplay in the early days of MTV, contributing to the breakthrough popularity of both the song and the band.
- Chart Success Summary Archived 2009-06-18 at the Wayback Machine, hln.org
- Huey Lewis and the News: World Tour 1986 tour book
- "Huey Lewis & The News Full Official Chart History". Official Charts Company. Official Charts Company. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Tonlist Top 10". DV. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- Australian-charts.com Archived October 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1980s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|