Australian House of Representatives Division
Division of Bean in the Australian Capital Territory, as of the latest redistribution.
|Area||1,913 km2 (738.6 sq mi)|
The Division of Bean was newly created in 2018 by the Australian Electoral Commission, to fill the third seat allotment for the Australian Capital Territory which occurred due to population growth in the territory. The division is located in the south of the ACT and takes in the urban districts of Tuggeranong, the Molonglo Valley and southern Woden Valley, the rural districts of Booth, Coree, Paddys River, Stromlo and Tennent and the uninhabited districts of Cotter River, Mount Clear and Rendezvous Creek. Norfolk Island residents are included in the division.
|Labor||18 May 2019 –
|Previously a member of the Senate. Incumbent|
|Liberal Democrats||Matt Donnelly||2,540||2.73||+2.73|
|United Australia||Tony Hanley||2,227||2.40||+2.40|
|Great Australian||Ben Rushton||929||1.00||+1.00|
|Total formal votes||92,939||94.85||−2.16|
- "Electoral Commission confirms ACT gets third federal House of Representatives seat". Canberra Times. 31 August 2017.
- "Map: Division of Bean" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission.
- "2017-18 Federal Redistribution - Australian Capital Territory". ABC Elections. 20 June 2018.
- Green, Antony. "Electorate of Bean". Australia votes: Federal Election Guide. ABC.net.au. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- Bean, ACT, Tally Room 2019, Australian Electoral Commission.