|Director of Immigration of Immigration Department
|First holder||Regina Ip|
|Salary||GDS(C) 4 (HK$181,450)|
|Director of Immigration|
The Director of Immigration (Chinese: 入境事務處處長) is the head of the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Government, which is responsible for immigration issues and controlling entry ports into Hong Kong. Decisions to reject people from entering are made by front-line staff at control points, not made by the Director himself.
List of Directors of Immigration
- J. Moore (Chinese: 穆雅) (1961-1965)
- W. E. Collard (Chinese: 戈立) (1965-1974)
- J. M. Rowlands (Chinese: 羅能士) (1974-1978)
- R. G. B. Bridge (Chinese: 布立之) (1978-1983) - previously Secretary for the Civil Service
- A. J. Carter (Chinese: 賈達德) (1983-1989) - last British appointment
- Laurence Leung Ming-yin (Chinese: 梁銘彥) (1989-1996) - first localised holder of the position
- Regina Ip (Chinese: 葉劉淑儀) (1996-1997)
|#||Name||Took office||Left office|
|1||Regina Ip (Chinese: 葉劉淑儀)||1997||1998|
|2||Ambrose Lee (Chinese: 李少光)||1998||2002|
|3||Lai Tung-kwok (Chinese: 黎楝國)||2002||2008|
|4||Simon Peh (Chinese: 白韞六)||2008||2011|
|5||Eric Chan (Chinese: 陳國基)||2011||2016|
|6||Erick Tsang (Chinese: 曾國衞)||2016||2020|
|7||Au Ka-wang (Chinese: 區嘉宏)||2020|
- Standing Committee on Disciplined Services. "Salaries and Conditions of Service", The Joint Secretariat for the Advisory Bodies on Civil Service and Judicial Salaries and Conditions of Service, Hong Kong, November 2008. Retrieved on 30 September, 2016.
- Cheng, Kris. "No conspiracy involved in visitors' visa denials, says Hong Kong immigration chief". Hong Kong Free Press. Retrieved 10 December 2019.