Dinas Powys is the name of an electoral ward in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. It covers its namesake community of Dinas Powys and the neighbouring Michaelston-le-Pit and Leckwith to the north. The ward elects four county councillors to the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
At the May 2017 County Council elections all four seats were won by the Conservative Party. One of the losing councillors was Plaid Cymru's Chris Franks, who had represented the ward since 2001 and had been leader of the Plaid Cymru group on the County Council.
|Plaid Cymru||Chris Franks *||1270|
|Plaid Cymru||Val Hartrey *||1100|
|Plaid Cymru||Keith Hatton *||909|
|Plaid Cymru||Richard Grigg||806|
|Independent||Christopher John Williams *||507|
|Labour||Trevor George Robert Saunders||431|
Prior to May 2017 the ward was known as "The People’s Republic of Plaid", having been represented by three Plaid Cymru councillors and one Independent (Christopher Williams had been elected initially for Plaid Cymru but changed to Independent in 2014).
|Plaid Cymru||Christopher Franks||1515|
|Plaid Cymru||Valerie Hartrey *||1418|
|Plaid Cymru||Keith Hatton *||1265|
|Plaid Cymru||Christopher Williams *||1223|
* = sitting councillor prior to the election
Plaid Cymru had held all four county council seats since 1995.
- "Dinas Powys - Key Stats". UKcensusdata.com. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- Anthony Lewis (5 May 2017). "LOCAL ELECTIONS: New Vale councillors are confirmed". Penarth Times. Retrieved 2017-11-04.
- "Dinas Powys - Declaration Of Results Of Poll" (PDF). Vale of Glamorgan Council. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-04.
- "Conservative surge in Vale local elections". The Barry Gem. 9 May 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-04.
- "Independents to stand in Dinas Powys". The Cowbridge Gem. 23 March 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-08.
- "Vale of Glamorgan Council elections 2012: Results". Barry & District News. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Vale of Glamorgan Council Election Results 1995-2012, The Election Centre. Retrieved 2018-04-08.