|Edited by||Julia Flanders|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0|
|ISO 4||Digit. Humanit. Q.|
Digital Humanities Quarterly is a peer-reviewed open-access academic journal covering all aspects of digital media in the humanities. The journal is also a community experiment in journal publication.
Digital Humanities Quarterly has been noted among the "few interesting attempts to peer review born-digital scholarship." Having emerged from a desire to disseminate digital humanities practices to the wider arts and humanities community and beyond, the journal is committed to open access and open standards to deliver journal content, publishing under a Creative Commons license. It develops translation services and multilingual reviews in keeping with the international character of the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations.
The journal aims to heighten the visibility and acceptance of digital humanities with reviews that are modeled on traditional book reviews but focus on digital projects, providing assessments of "software tools, sites, other kinds of innovations that need the same kind of critical scrutiny and benefit from the same kind of contextualizing review that a traditional book review offers."
- "Digital Humanities". Digital Library Federation. Archived from the original on 2011-06-01. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- Vanhoutte, Edward (2011-04-01). "Editorial". Literary and Linguistic Computing. 26 (1): 3–4. doi:10.1093/llc/fqr002. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- Howard, Jennifer (2010-05-23). "Hot Type: No Reviews of Digital Scholarship = No Respect". The Chronicle of Higher Education. ISSN 0009-5982. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- Katz, Stan (2010-05-31). "Reviewing Digital Scholarship". The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Archer, Dawn (2008-04-01). "Digital Humanities 2006: When Two Became Many". Literary and Linguistic Computing. 23 (1): 103–108. doi:10.1093/llc/fqm037. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "About DHQ". Digital Humanities Quarterly. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
|This article about a humanities journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.