|Headquarters||Denver, CO, USA|
|New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico & California|
|Steve Rossi (CEO & President)
Michael Koren (CFO)
Guy Gilmore (EVP, Eastern Region)
Mac Tully (EVP, Central Region)
Sharon Ryan (EVP, Western Region) 
|Owner||Alden Global Capital|
Number of employees
|Divisions||MediaNews Group & Journal Register Company|
Digital First Media is a management company specializing in newspapers in the United States. It is headquartered in Denver, Colorado. It is owned by Alden Global Capital, a New York-based hedge fund specializing in distressed properties.
As of 2012, the combined newspapers and online media outlets managed by the company had 66.6 million readers.
In 2017, the company was ranked third among the newspaper groups in the country. 
In October 2017, the CEO of the company, Steve Rossi, stepped down from his position.
In February 2018, Digital First Media put in a $11.9 million winning bid to purchase the Boston Herald. 
On March 21, 2016, a bankruptcy judge approved the sale of Freedom Communications and its two major newspapers, the Orange County Register and the Riverside Press-Enterprise to Digital First Media. The papers were integrated into Digital First Media's Los Angeles Newspaper Group, which was renamed the Southern California News Group on the same day.
- "digitalfirstmedia.com Leadership". Retrieved Dec 14, 2016.
- "Leadership". Digital First Media. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- Harden, Mark (December 13, 2011). "MediaNews Group manager, Digital First, to invest in tech startups". Denver Business Journal.
- Rainey, James (January 15, 2012). "News exec John Paton is out to stop the presses". Los Angeles Times.
- "Company Overview of Digital First Media Inc". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Journal Register Company Announces The Creation of Digital First Media Inc" (Press release). Journal Register Company. September 7, 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23.
- Carey, Pete (May 4, 2012). "Digital First Media's chief says newspapers have key advantages in the struggle for readers and advertising". San Jose Mercury News.
- "Petition | Alden". aldenexposed.com. Retrieved 2018-01-13.
- "DFM Workers". DFM Workers. Retrieved 2018-01-13.
- Doctor, Ken (2017-10-23). "Digital First Media's CEO steps down; what may lie ahead for the company?". TheStreet. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- Chesto, Jon (2018-02-13). "Digital First Media wins bidding for Herald with $12m package". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- Talking New Media blog: "Bankruptcy judge approves Digital First Media purchase of Freedom Communications assets", by D.B. Hebbard21 March 2016.
- LA Observed blog: "Memo: LA News Group now So Cal News Group", by Kevin Roderick, 21 March 2016.