|Born||September 13, 1942|
|Spouse(s)||Arthur Blank (divorced)|
Dena Blank Kimball
Danielle Blank Thomsen
Blank was raised in a middle class, Roman Catholic family. Through her Kendeda Fund, founded in 1993, Blank has historically donated anonymously to various Georgia-based causes including $4 million to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in the mid-1990s; and $20 million to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta to enable the purchase of Hughes Spalding Children's Hospital, a historically-black hospital in Atlanta, in 2006. In 2015, she was revealed as the person who provided a $30 million grant to Georgia Tech for their Living Building Challenge 3.0. tasked with building the "most environmentally-sound building ever constructed in the Southeast."
The Kendeda Fund donates between $40 million and $50 million annually and has donated over $500 million through 2017 with the goal of spending all its assets by 2024. Her daughter, Dena Blank Kimball, serves as the executive director of the Kendeda Fund.
She has three children with Arthur Blank (born 1942): Kenny Blank, Dena Blank Kimball, and Danielle Blank Thomsen; they divorced in 1993. Her son, Kenny Blank and his wife Nancy; and her daughter Dena and her husband Josh Kimball, serve as directors of The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation.
- Atlanta Business Journals: "A longtime anonymous donor reveals her identity" by Maria Saporta Sep 18, 2015
- Reference for Business: "Arthur Blank" retrieved October 18, 2014
- Inside Philanthropy: "A Top Green Funder Emerges from the Shadows and Steps Up Giving" by Tate Williams " retrieved February 7, 2017
- Children's Hospital of Atlanta retrieved February 5, 0217
- Atlanta Business Journals: "Atlanta to join cutting edge of ‘net zero’ buildings" by Maria Saporta September 18, 2015
- Inside Philanthropy: "Kendeda Fund: Grants for Conservation" retrieved February 7, 2017
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation: "Kenny Blank, Director retrieved February 5, 2017
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation: "Nancy Blank, Director retrieved February 5, 2017
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation: "Dena Blank, Director retrieved February 5, 2017
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation: "Josh Kimball, Director retrieved February 5, 2017