This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In astrology, a derivative house describes the affairs of a house when you turn the chart and is used in horary astrology.
The houses in horary astrology charts mean the same as in the natal chart. For example, horary questions about boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives have the 7th house as the partner's significator, just like in your birth chart the 7th house relates to how you interact with your partner and long-term marriage/love-related stuff. Again, the meaning of each house is the same whether you're doing horary, natal or electional astrology.
- The seventh house is now the first house and thus represents your partner's physical self and personality.
- The eighth house is now the second house and thus represents partner's money.
- The ninth house is now the third house and thus relates to the partner's communication style and short-distance trips and relations with neighbors.
- The tenth house is now the fourth house and thus relates to partner's home life and nurturance. i.e. mother in law.
- The eleventh house is now the fifth house and thus relates to what the partner does for fun and their dealings with their children and children in general.
- The twelfth house is now the sixth house and relates to the partner's daily activities.
In the derivative chart we are now back at the first house which relates back to the seventh house in the horary chart.
- The first house is now the seventh house and is therefore how the partner sees you romantically.
- The second house is now the eighth house and relates to what the partner shares with you, including sex and money.
- The third house is now the ninth house and relates to the partner's long distance travels, ethics, philosophies, faith.
- The fourth house is now the tenth house and relates to the partner's career, public status and father figure, boss, landlord.
- The fifth house is now the eleventh house and relates to the partner's friends and hopes and wishes.
- The sixth house is now the twelfth house and relates to the partner's secrets and karmic issues.