This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kagawaran ng Kapaligiran at Likas na Kayamanan|
|Formed||January 1, 1917|
|Headquarters||DENR Building, Visayas Avenue, Vasra, Quezon City|
|Annual budget||₱211.1 Billion (2015)|
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (Filipino: Kagawaran ng Kapaligiran at Likas na Yaman, DENR or KKLY) is the executive department of the Philippine government responsible for governing and supervising the exploration, development, utilization, and conservation of the country's natural resources.
History of the DENR
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources was first established on January 1, 1917 as the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources (DANR) through the enactment of Act No. 2666 by the Philippine Commission, otherwise known as "An Act to Re-organize the Executive Department of the Government of the Philippine Islands," on 18 November 1916. In 1932, the DANR was reorganized into the Department of Agriculture and Commerce (DAC).
In 1947, a reorganization act changed the DAC back to the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The Natural Resources arm of the DANR was finally spun off on May 17, 1974 as the Ministry of Natural Resources. On January 30, 1987, the Ministry was reorganized into the Department of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources, by Executive Order No. 131 and was finally reorganized into the Department of Environment and Natural Resources by Executive Order No. 192 on June 10, 1987. Currently, the DENR is working on a large-scale reforestation of Davao City.
List of the Secretaries of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources
|Environmental Management Bureau||EMB - DENR||Kawanihan ng Pamamahalang Pangkapaligiran||Engr. Metodio U. Turbella |
|Mines and Geosciences Bureau||MGB- DENR||Kawanihan ng Pagmimina at Agham-Panlupa||Atty. Wilfredo G. Moncano (Acting Director)|
|Forest Management Bureau||FMB||Kawanihan ng Pamamahala sa mga Kagubatan||Nonito M. Tamayo|
|Biodiversity Management Bureau (formerly Protected Areas and Wildlife Management Bureau)||BMB (formerly PAWB)||Kawanihan ng Pamamahala sa Sari-Saring Buhay (formerly Kawanihan ng Pamamahala sa mga Parke at Buhay Ilang||Crisanta Marlene P. Rodriguez (OIC-Director)|
|Land Management Bureau||LMB||Kawanihan ng Pamamahala sa mga Lupa||Atty. Emelyne V. Talabis (Acting Director)|
|Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau||ERDB||Kawanihan ng Pananaliksik at Pag-unlad Pangkalikasan||Dr. Sofio B. Quintana|
- Laguna Lake Development Authority
- National Mapping and Resource Information Authority
- National Water Resources Board
- Natural Resources Development Corporation
- Palawan Council for Sustainable Development
- Philippine Mining Development Corporation
- "GAA 2015" (PDF). DBM. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Ex-AFP chief Cimatu appointed as acting Environment Secretary". CNN Philippines. May 8, 2017. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- Macas, Trisha. "Duterte appoints Gloria lawyer to Cabinet post". GMA News. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- User, Super. "MGB Central Office". mgb.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- "Directory of Officials". bmb.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources website
- Environmental Legal Assistance Center, Inc. website
- Mines and Geosciences Bureau
|This article about an environmental agency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|